Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why doesn't my function go through all of it's steps? Post 302785391 by in2nix4life on Monday 25th of March 2013 01:55:11 PM
Old 03-25-2013
Try running your script like so to see where it's stopping:

Code:
sh -x <your script>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

steps to ufsrestore

Hello Folks, I have to restore from remote tape sun solaris 10. It has to have mirror raid. I have to restore /,/usr, /var,/opt, /etc,/u01. Could you please give me detailed steps to do the above? I am new to solaris Thanks Ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr76413
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Subnetting in 11 steps

As seen on Digg.com, here is my ip addressing article in full... Original Subnetting in 11 Steps article Subnetting in 11 Steps There are a few things that you will need to know first. I personally use 11 rules that I learned from Mike Vana. Below you will find the 11 rules as well as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jking2100
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Steps toward Solaris Administration

Dear All, I am currently working as Unix Operator. I am looking forward for Unix Solaris Administration. I need everyone's guidance on this forum, please advice me from where should i start. well i have already installed Solaris version on X86. So please let me know what should i do to become... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

First steps in Perl

Hello, I want to start learning Perl, but I need some expert's advice:) Could you recommend me any online manual or book to start with? I have some experience with bash and C, so I am not a complete newbie in programming. What's your advise to start with? Thank you very much for your answers! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurko
5 Replies

5. Solaris

php installation steps..

hi .. i need procedure to install php on my solaris server.. i spent more than two weeks for this installation procedure.. but still couldn find a proper solution.. i have successfully enabled apache,tomcat,mysql,oracle .. this is the only issue am having rite now and its bothering me a lot.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New install, how to capture the steps?

Hi All, I am working on a new server Dell which I need to install RH version 6.1. I need to document every thing I do on this server, how do I capture screen shot as I do the install? I used to work on Sun Solaris, I can do this by connecting on COM port after that I had the console access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why double quotation marks doesn't work in ksh function parameters passing?

I'm working on AIX 6, ksh shell. The parameters are some strings quotated by double quotation marks which from a file. They are quotated because there may be spaces in them. Example: "015607" "10" " " "A"I want to pass these parameters to a shell function by writing the following command: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shimmey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function doesn't work

Hello, and here's my problem: I can't get my function to do what I want. When I call my function get_from_A_to_F I give it an argument $remainder. I want my function to substitute a number higher than 9 to a specific letter. If the argument is equal to 10 than it should change it to "A".... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linas
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Live upgrade first steps

Hello Guys, I am a little confused about the first step in the live upgrade process. I will be glad if someone can clarify this for me. The pre-live upgrade patch, when do you add this patch to the OS you want to upgrade? 1. before creating the new boot environment? or 2. after creating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase volume in steps

I would like to modify this so the buzzer starts at 15% and goes up to 30% in volume while it is playing. amixer -D pulse sset Master 30% > /dev/null 2>&1 cvlc --play-and-exit /usr/share/sounds/My_Sounds/Alarm-sound-buzzer.mp3 > /dev/null 2>&1 echo 'TIME IS UP.' gxmessage -fg blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)