Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern matching notation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern matching notation Post 302785369 by amazigh42 on Monday 25th of March 2013 12:56:12 PM
Old 03-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
You omitted the ")" after the pattern.

On an unrelated note, in case you are not aware, the following can be re-written ...

... by combining pattern alternatives with "|".
Code:
        case $3 in
        0[1-9] | [1-2][0-9] | 3[0-1]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

Note that I did not double-quote $3. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but it's not necessary. Double quotes only protect against field splitting and pathname expansion (file globbing), neither of which is performed on the word which follows "case".

Regards,
Alister
Thank you for yours advices.
But look with this magenta pattern. it doesn't work.
Have you an idea why ?

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#########################################################################
valid() {
case "$1" in
        [E,F,Q,P][A,C,S][A,I,V,P][D,R,T,V]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$2" in
        [PU][IPS][AGS][1-8]) ;;
        ISO[9-10]ORA) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$3" in
        [0-1][0-9]) ;;
        2[0-3]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$4" in
        [0-5][0-9]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$5" in
        server) ;;
        exploitation) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

OLDIFS="$IFS"
        IFS="-"
               set -- $1 # $1=YYYY, $2=MM, $3=DD
        IFS="$OLDIFS"

case "$1" in
        [2-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$2" in
        0[1-9]) ;;
        1[0-2]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

case "$3" in
        0[1-9] | [1-2][0-9] | 3[0-1]) ;;
        *) return 1 ;;
        esac

return 0
}
process() {
echo "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6"
}

if ! valid $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 # Ignore invalid lines
        then
                echo "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 is invalid"
        else
        process $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts.... OS: Solaris 9 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[DATE] Pattern matching notation

Hello, I want to verify the format date like 2013-03-08 (YYYY-MM-DD) It doesn't work because the pattern matching notation below returns false while the date is right. Can you help me ? Thanks in advance case "$6" in (-0-0 | -1-1 | -1-2 | -1-3) # Nothing, OK ! ;; (*) echo 'Fatal,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching notation

Hello, I want to simplify two commands into one. 1st command $type_log_$instance.log.$date.0012nd command $type_log.log.$date.tar.gzInto blue brackets, How do I do to replace the pattern by a blank or _$instance ? $type_log?_$instance].log.$date.*Thank you. (13 Replies)
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching notation

Hello I have two kinds of logs like server.logserver.log.2013-07-27.001i want to create a variable which look like this (with a pipe) log_name=server.(log|log.$YYYY-MM-DD.)But i tried many cases but it didn't work. Is it possible ? If yes, can you help me. (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: scientific notation to decimal notation

hello folks, I have few values in a log which are in scientific notation. I am trying to convert into actual decimal format or integer but couldn't able to convert. Values in scientific notation: 1.1662986666666665E-4 2.0946799999999998E-4 3.0741333333333333E-6 5.599999999999999E-7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies
FAXRCVD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXRCVD(8)

NAME
faxrcvd - HylaFAX notification script for received facsimile SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd qfile devid commid error-msg [ callid-1 [ callid-2 [ ... [ callid-n ] ] ] ] DESCRIPTION
bin/faxrcvd is the command script invoked by the facsimile server whenever a facsimile is received. The default script sends electronic mail to the FaxMaster user describing the content of the facsimile and other useful information such as the time spent receiving the docu- ment. The arguments are: qfile the pathname of the received TIFF file relative to the root of the spooling hierarchy. devid the modem device on which the facsimile was received. commid the communication identifier for the inbound call. error-msg an error message that is non-null if an error was encountered during the receive operation. callid the value of various identification indicators from the call NOTES
This script can route facsimile directly to the intended recipient. To do this create a shell script etc/FaxDispatch in the spooling area that sets SENDTO to the receiver's electronic mail address. For example, case "$SENDER" in *1*510*526*1212*) SENDTO=sam;; # Sam's test rig in Berkeley *1*415*390*1212*) SENDTO=raster@asd;; # 7L Xerox room, used for scanning *5107811212) SENDTO=peebles@mti;; # stuff from home esac case "$DEVICE" in ttyS1) SENDTO=john;; # all faxes received on ttyS1 ttyLT0) SENDTO=mary@home;; # all faxes received on ttyLT0 esac case "$CIDNUMBER" in 435*) SENDTO=lee; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes from area code 435 5059627777) SENDTO=amy; FILETYPE=tif;; # Amy wants faxes in TIFF esac case "$SUBADDR" in 53) SENDTO=FaxMaster;; # without double-notification roger) SENDTO=roger;; # possible text subaddressing esac Note that you must match any embedded white space. The facsimile will be sent as a MIME-encoded PostScript document as default. CALLIDn is equivalent to the nth call identification parameter CIDNAME is equivalent to CALLID2 above. CIDNUMBER is equivalent to CALLID1 above. DEVICE is equivalent to device above. FILETYPE controls the filetype of the image attachment. Current filetype options are ``ps'', ``tif'', and ``pdf''. Multiple values may be specified by separating them with whitespace. In that case a separate attachment is created for each filetype. FROMADDR controls the sender of the received fax notification. It is given as an e-mail address. MSG is equivalent to error-msg above. NOTIFY_FAXMASTER (an underscore ``_'' character is between NOTIFY and FAXMASTER) indicates whether or not the HylaFAX administrator should be noti- fied regarding incoming facsimile. Default is ``always''. Also available are ``never'', which means to never send any received facsimile notification, and ``errors'', which means to send notification only if there were reception errors. SENDER is the received TSI of the fax sender. SENDTO controls the recipient of the received fax notification. It is given as an e-mail address, and it's value will be passed directly to the MTA for delivery as well as being inserted into the email. If you want to send to multiple receipients in seperate messages set the variable SENDTO1...SENDTOn in addition to SENDTO. faxrcvd will process additional SENDTOn variables starting at 1, and stopping at the first empty SENDTOn variable it finds. The templates should continue to reference $SENDTO, and faxrcvd will make sure it get's set correctly as the template is processed for each one. SUBADDR the received subaddress value, communicated by the sender for post-reception routing purposes TEMPLATE the template subdirectory to use when sending e-mails. HylaFAX ships with a base set of templates, and some direct translations. To use the German translated templates, set TEMPLATE=de in FaxDispatch. This is relative to the base template directory. Other shell variables are available. Consult the faxrcvd script directly. FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /usr/sbin/faxinfo for printing information about the facsimile /usr/bin/fax2ps for converting TIFF to PostScript /usr/lib/sendmail for delivering mail /var/spool/hylafax/etc/templates/ base directory for outgoing e-mail templates SEE ALSO
faxd(8), hylafax-server(5), recvq(5) May 28, 2001 FAXRCVD(8)