Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter (by max length) only lines not matching regex Post 302785155 by mirni on Monday 25th of March 2013 03:07:03 AM
Old 03-25-2013
Like this?
Code:
awk '/^[^>]/ && length($0)<10{print hdr"\n"$0}{hdr=$0}' input

This User Gave Thanks to mirni For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed working on lines of small length and not large length

Hi , I have a peculiar case, where my sed command is working on a file which contains lines of small length. sed "s/XYZ:1/XYZ:3/g" abc.txt > xyz.txt when abc.txt contains lines of small length(currently around 80 chars) , this sed command is working fine. when abc.txt contains lines of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a Unix filepath max length

Hi Guys, Could anyone shed some light on the length of a Unix filepath max length pls ? thanks ! Wilson (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the max length of string

Hi all, I have a flat file of 1000 rows. I want to check the length of the 5th column. The one having the longest length , I want to set it as DEFINED PARAMETER. So later I can check others with that particular number only. Any ideas ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to increase max username length?

Hi, This is my first post to this site. So kindly forgive if I am writing in a wrong section. My query is that... I want to modify the max username length size. I guess it is 32/64 on CentOS. Now I want to change it to 128. Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance!! :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay303
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the max username length

Hey Any one... Do u know any way I can modify the max username length in unix? I guess it is 32/64 characters by default. Suppose I want to increase it to 128. i hav tried /etc/skel but no use... How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MayureshRisbud
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex matching multiple lines

I need a way to extract data from X 4T Solution 21 OCT 2011 37 .00 to account 12345678 User1 user2 X 4T Solution Solution Unlimited 11 Sep 2009 248 .00 to account 87654321 user3 user4 I need it to extract 'X' '37.00' and account number 12345678. I have extracted above stuff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file by length, looking only at lines that don't begin with ">"

I have a file that stores data in pairs of lines, following this format: line 1: header (preceded by ">") line 2: sequence Example.txt: >seq1 name GATTGATGTTTGAGTTTTGGTTTTT >seq2 name TTTTCTTC I want to filter out the sequences and corresponding headers for all sequences that are less... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk loop for to filter lines by max value

Hi all, I'm struggling to filter my data frame. I need to print only those lines whose max value (the number of columns may vary) is above a cut-off value. My data looks like this: chr22 17565753 17565754 5 4 5 5 6 2 5 5 6 2 chr22 17565754 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter Row Based On Max Column Value After Group BY

Hello Team, Need your expertise on following: Here is the set of data: C1|4|C1SP1|A1|C1BP1|T1 C1|4|C1SP2|A1|C1BP2|T2 C2|3|C2SP1|A2|C2BP1|T2 C3|3|C3SP1|A3|C3BP1|T2 C2|2|C2SP2|A2|C2BP2|T1 I need to filter above date base on following two steps: 1. Group them by column 1 and 4 2.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)