Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What does it takes to Build a Mail Server? Post 302784685 by DGPickett on Friday 22nd of March 2013 04:57:14 PM
Old 03-22-2013
Assuming you do not want to write one, there are many mail servers and most LINUX systems come with one installed. You need the domain's DNS records pointing to it so mail comes in, and an ISP outgoing mail server makes your life much simpler. The server needs a good matching A record for its PTR record as well as an MX. Setting Up Mail Server Records in the DNS
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. Linux

it takes long time to login on server

Hi, I am trying to login using ssh on Red Hat Linux 5 server, The password appears immediately but after I enter the password it takes about 90 seconds to login completely. Please suggest what changes require? Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Mail Script Takes Hours to Send emails

guys, i have a php script that i wrote that takes hours to send emails to recipients. i can't post the content of this script in here because the script contains some very important confidential information. so my question is, why is it that when the php script runs, it runs successfully, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail command | takes 10 mins.

I'm trying to send a e-mail through a shell script using the mail command. TO=your_mail@gmail.c,my_mail@gmail.com mail -s "This is a mail" $TO < Message.txt I receive mail only after 15-20mins but if i specify on 1 email id, I get the mail in seconds. Why is this happening? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Login to server takes time

When I am trying to login to a server using Putty ssh from my windows xp machine it is taking too much time for login. My server name is http2 and when I enter this address into putty I immediately get login as: screen, but after I put my username root and enter the cursor moves downwards... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from a server takes long time

It takes 6 hrs for a 90 GB zip file that i am copying / transferring from serverA onto serverB. scp user1@serverA:/opt/setup/cash.zip . Output: cash.zip 21% 19GB 4.7MB/s 4:11:46 ETA uname -a SunOS serverB 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4vCan you please suggest if i could do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies
Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR - SPF record "ptr" mechanism class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR represents an SPF record mechanism of type "ptr". Constructors The following constructors are provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR Creates a new SPF record "ptr" mechanism object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: qualifier domain_spec See "new" in Mail::SPF::Mech. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidMech Creates a new SPF record "ptr" mechanism object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: default_qualifier qualifier_pattern See "Class methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. name: returns string Returns 'ptr'. name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a mechanism name of 'ptr'. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text qualifier params stringify See "Instance methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. domain_spec: returns Mail::SPF::MacroString Returns the "domain-spec" parameter of the mechanism. match($server, $request): returns boolean Checks whether the mechanism's target domain name, or a sub-domain thereof, is a "valid" domain name for the given request's IP address (see "ip_address" in Mail::SPF::Request), and returns true if it does, or false otherwise. See "valid_domain_for_ip_address" in Mail::SPF::Util for how domains are validated. See RFC 4408, 5.5, for the description of an equivalent algorithm. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Mech <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Mail::SPF::Mech::PTR(3)