Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission denied for bash
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permission denied for bash Post 302784605 by bitlord on Friday 22nd of March 2013 02:37:42 PM
Old 03-22-2013
Hello,
do this.
Code:
> sudo bash
# ./runInstall.sh

I would also suggest you copy the install files to /tmp and run the file there.
If your home directory is a NFS share, then there could be a share permissions issue. I had issues with this before. When I moved the same file to /tmp and ran it it worked fine.
This User Gave Thanks to bitlord For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash: permission denied

Hello, I have a problem creating files in a certain folder. I installed apache and mysql today, using this guide: http://computerfaq.be/ubuntu-apache-mysql-php-server-installeren/ (can't post links yet :( ) Instead of /home/www/html I used /home/www/ for the document root. Now I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: emveedee
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash: permission denied...(after it allows me?)

I'm sure this question comes up a lot, but I'm particularly confused in this situation. I can run my program once, just fine. However, if I try to run it again without recompiling, bash refuses to give me permission. I have a small idea why, but I don't think think I'm right. Here's what I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies

7. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ISSUE : bash: cd: /rep/prok: Permission denied

Hi All, i have two accounts with acl permissions. I need to provide read access to both users. for one user s109552 "cd" is not working. drwxrws---+ 8 cvsadmin reto 1024 Aug 23 2011 reto su5sr117# su - s109553 $ bash bash-3.2$ cd /rep/reto bash-3.2$ pwd <-------- it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing bash file with sudo for the second time, leads to permission denied, for some commands

I have a script that checks if the script has been ran with sudo. If the script is not ran as sudo, the current script is being executed with exec sudo bash. You are asked for a password, you type in the password, success. Everything is perfect - the commands inside the script are ran as sudo.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boqsc
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)