Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error? Post 302784559 by alister on Friday 22nd of March 2013 12:47:34 PM
Old 03-22-2013
avig,

Start your own thread for your help requests. Do not hijack another's thread. It is rude, inconsiderate, and creates confusion in the conversation.

I urge members to not reward this or other thread hijacks with helpful responses.

Regards,
Alister

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

'strlen' of a constant string

In a declaration, I have: const char comment_begin = "<!--"; const char comment_end = "-->"; const int comment_begin_len = strlen(comment_begin); const int comment_end_len = strlen(comment_end); When I compile, I get the warnings: emhttpc.c:64: warning: initializer element is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runaway String Problem

Database.txt John:30:40 echo -n "New Title Please :" read NewTitle awk -F":" 'OFS = ":"{ $1 = "'$NewTitle'" ; print $0 } ' Database.txt> Database2.txt mv Database2.txt Database.txt what this does, is that when i input something into $NewTitle, it will update $1 which is "John" into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose random text between constant string.. using awk?

Hallo I have maybe a little bit advanced request.... I need to choose one random part betwen %.... so i have this.. % text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 % text2 text2 text2 text2 text2 % text3 text3 text3 tetx3 % this choose text between % awk ' /%/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandwich
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble appending string constant to variable

Hi. I define my variables as: month=jul DD=17 YEAR=2012 transmission_file_name_only=test_$month$DD$YEAR_partial.dat However when I run my script the variable 'transmission_file_name_only' resolves to: File "/downloads/test_jul17.dat" not found. How can I append this '_partial'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

6. Programming

String Constant C

I wonder string constant exists permanently or temporary. For example, printf("hello, world"); the function printf access to it is through a pointer. Does it mean storage is allocated for the string constant to exist permanently in memory? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
pthread_setcancelstate(3T)												pthread_setcancelstate(3T)

NAME
pthread_setcancelstate(), pthread_setcanceltype() - set and retrieve current thread's cancelability state or type. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
state Value to which the cancelability state of the calling thread is to be set. oldstate Pointer to the location where the old cancelability state of the calling thread will be returned. type Value to which the cancelability type of the calling thread is to be set. oldtype Pointer to the location where the old cancelability type of the calling thread will be returned. DESCRIPTION
atomically sets the calling thread's cancelability state to the value in state and returns the previous cancelability state in oldstate. The legal values for state are: Disable cancelability for the calling thread. Cancellation requests against the calling thread are held pending. Enable cancelability for the calling thread. Cancellation requests against the calling thread may be acted upon. When a pending cancellation request will be acted upon depends on the thread's cancelability type. By default, a thread's cancelability state is set to when it is created. atomically sets the calling thread's cancelability type to the value in type and returns the previous cancelability type in oldtype. The legal values for type are: New or pending cancellation requests against the calling thread may be acted upon at any time (if cancellation is enabled for the calling thread). Cancellation requests for the calling thread are held pending until a cancellation point is reached. A thread's cancelability type is set to when it is created. If a thread's cancelability state is disabled, the setting of the thread's cancelability type has no immediate effect. All cancellation requests are held pending. However, once cancelability is enabled again, the new type will be in effect. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] state contains an invalid value. [EINVAL] type contains an invalid value. NOTES
Only functions that are async-cancel safe should be called from a thread that is asynchronously cancelable. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_exit(3T), pthread_join(3T), pthread_cancel(3T), pthread_cond_wait(3T), pthread_cond_timedwait(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_setcancelstate(3T)