Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from text file;format and print output Post 302784329 by Don Cragun on Friday 22nd of March 2013 03:10:40 AM
Old 03-22-2013
If you would use CODE tags as required in this forum it would help with your spacing issues. That wouldn't, however, do anything about inconsistent capitalization. I think this does what you want, even though the output produced doesn't match any of the output you specified:
Code:
awk '
function ps() {
        if(wwn) print wwn, sym, dir
        else    print "wwn symdev dir.p"
        dir = sym = wwn = ""
}
/^Originator Port/ {
        ps()
        wwn = $NF
}
$2 ~ /:/ {
        sym = (sym ? sym "," : "") $1
        dir = (dir ? dir "," : "") $2
}
END {   ps()
}' input

If you are using a Solaris/SunOS system, use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk instead of awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format output from while read line

I have an output that I get from while read, I want to display it as the following, please help. Original output from while read line loop: This is my client=1 client version=2.3.4 OS version=4.5 This is my client=2 client version=1.5.6 OS version=6.7 I want it to look like this with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dala
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the text file and print the content character by character..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... without using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samupnl
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a text file and print the content..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samupnl
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print output and read input on same line

How do I print output and read input on the same line in ksh? echo Hello, what is your name? read name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

7. Programming

Read text from file and print each character in separate line

performing this code to read from file and print each character in separate line works well with ASCII encoded text void preprocess_file (FILE *fp) { int cc; for (;;) { cc = getc (fp); if (cc == EOF) break; printf ("%c\n", cc); } } int main(int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled79
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read line and print output

need help to print the below .. Content of file looks like below .. SCHEMA1. TABLE1 SCHEMA2. TABLE2 SCHEMA3. TABLE3 read lines from above file and print o/p as below print output like read 1st line and print SELECT SCHEMA1.TABLE1 print output like read 2st line and print ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)