Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC and LDAP users (AD)
Operating Systems AIX RBAC and LDAP users (AD) Post 302784253 by Janpol on Thursday 21st of March 2013 09:21:30 PM
Old 03-21-2013
Thanks for your response, didn't know I could use lsuser, chuser, etc like that :/. I've already run the mksecldap command, and my AD users can authenticate in AIX, the only thing that I'm missing is the possibility to use RBAC with those users.

I'll try what you suggest tomorrow.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent of ADMCHG for LDAP Users

All newly created Aix5 users are forced to change password first time when they log in. We know removing the ADMCHG flag in passwd file will not prompt the user for change password. But we are trying to figure out the similar solution if the user is created as a LDAP user ?. Any help? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipas
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

link LDAP-Users

hi, is it possible to link users on a LDAP-Server from one container to another? we have two trees, one for AIX and one for solaris-linux but we have a few users in both trees, they should have the same password and a password change must affect both entries we use IBM Directory Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Rbac

I am trying to let user asillitoe su to the godbrook role to execute commands. I have editted files as follows: user_attr: asillito::::type=normal;roles=godbrook godbrook::::type=role;profiles=Gadbrook,All prof_attr: Gadbrook:::Allow root commands to be used by godbrook: exec_attr:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdberry
0 Replies

4. Solaris

RBAC Help

do i have to create a new account to add a role? i want the sysadmin login i have 3 users on my systems sysadmin secman oc01 also 3 profiles SA (goes t0 sysadmin account) SSO (goes to secman account) LMICS (goes to oc01 account) the user accounts are located in /h/USERS/local the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Rbac

Can anyone help me on "How to change Unix to support RBAC policy"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPoroo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

rbac problem.

Hi all! On backup server with contab my script worked, but one command don't fine to be executed: bash-3.00$ scp itadmin@172.17.0.44:/export/backups/* /bckp1/opencms/bcp_`date +%Y%m%d`/ www-zone.cfg 100%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP users with RBAC Roles

I have an issue with integration between Microsoft LDAP users and RBAC roles defined in a Solaris box. to explain more , i managed to integrate Microsoft Active Directory user loggings to Solaris boxes. I've done it to centralize user repo. and instead of creating admin accounts on more than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

8. Linux

Monitor ldap users

Any way to find the ldap users currently logged into the clinets ? I am using Openldap with NFS for home directory mounts. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
0 Replies

9. Linux

Help me with all users ldap

Need to find the ldap id's of all the users in my organizations... is there any command??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
0 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
calendar(1)						      General Commands Manual						       calendar(1)

Name
       calendar - calendar reminder service

Syntax
       calendar [-]

Description
       The  command  consults the file `calendar' in the current directory and prints out lines that contain today's or tomorrow's date.  The com-
       mand recognizes most month-day dates, such as Dec. 7, december 7, 12/7, but it does not recognize dates formatted in the following ways:  7
       December  or  7/12.  If you give the month as * with a date, such as, * 1, that day in any month will do.  On weekends, specifying tomorrow
       extends through Monday.

When an argument is present, the command searches through a user's calendar file in his login directory and sends him any positive  results
       by Normally this is done daily under control of

The  calendar  file  is	first  run  through  the  C  preprocessor, to include any other calendar files specified with the #include syntax.
       Included calendars are shared by all users, and are maintained and documented by the local administration.

Options
       -    Functions for every user who has a calendar file in his login directory.

Restrictions
       The extended idea of tomorrow does not account for holidays.

Files
       calendar
       /usr/lib/calendar to figure out today's and tomorrow's dates
       /etc/passwd
       /tmp/cal*
       /lib/cpp, egrep, sed, mail as subprocesses

See Also
       at(1), cron(8), mail(1)

calendar(1)