Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM Restore hangs at the start Post 302784215 by dukessd on Thursday 21st of March 2013 07:16:44 PM
Old 03-21-2013
I'd guess you have a LED code on the front telling you what is going on.. - anyone local you can ask to check?
Or you have a console or console cable problem.. - that is about where the serial handshake changes so you need a console / cable that can handle both hardware and software handshake.
So it is probably sitting there hung, or waiting for input but you cannot see the progress or what it wants an input for.
HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NIM install hangs on LED 0608

Hi guys, I am trying to install a new machine via nim but it is hanging on 0608 => it should be a network issue here the situation hoping you will be able to help: server NIM on a subnet/IP 10.36.12.64 client on 161.43.56.25 the ping test is successful but when I launch the isntall it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
9 Replies

2. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

3. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

4. Solaris

start /SP/console hangs in X4500

when I type start /SP/console... the console shows up but i cannot type anything over there. I do not understand what might be the reason for that. -> start /SP/console Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y Serial console started. To stop, type ESC ( I pressed enter many... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
8 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. AIX

Single file restore from NIM backup

Hi, I've recently implemented a NIM backup procedure for 2 virtual AIX5.3 environments running on a JS22 blade server. The images transfer to an old p620 box connected to some old SSA storage, each server backs up a mksysb and a savevg image. Now seeing as this method should be replacing our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinboyslim
3 Replies

7. AIX

VIO restore from NIM dosen't work

Hello guys I have been trying to restore a VIO server from NIM using the nim_resource.tar file created from the same VIO lpar. The restoration goes fine and after 99% I get the following error 0516-304 putlvodm: Unable to find device id 000b5f62263b70a50000000000000000 in the Device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

8. AIX

NIM client installation hangs at 0608

Hi All, I am facing very strange problem. I have created NIM server with 6.1 TL4SP3. I am having SPOT and MKsysb of the same version. I am able to install the client using this spot and mksysb. Now I got the requirement of installing the 5.3 ML11SP3 client. So using the mksysb of 5.3 ML11SP3, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: falgun6666
3 Replies

9. AIX

Disabling cron after NIM restore

Hi Guys, We normally have a backup and restore nightly on our Prod machines. We do this via customized script and all unattended. The dilemma that I'm having is the disabling of the cron after the restore. I created a nim script to disable the cron after the restore has been completed. But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
6 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
scc(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    scc(7)

NAME
scc - Serial keyboard/mouse/communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller scc0 at tc0 slot 3 vector sccintr DESCRIPTION
Two base board Zilog scc dual UARTS provide DEC 3000 series personal systems with keyboard, mouse, and serial communications interfaces. The serial communications interfaces can operate at baud rates from B50 to B57600 (see tty(7)). The driver for the scc interface supports hardware flow control using the Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) signals. When hardware flow control is enabled, the flow of input data is controlled by the RTS signal and the flow of output data is controlled by the CTS signal. If the CTS signal is off, the driver will suspend output to that line until the CTS lead is reasserted. Likewise, the driver will turn off the RTS lead to tell the device connected to the line to stop sending data as a result of congestion on the host side. When the condition clears, the driver will turn on the RTS lead to tell the device to resume sending data. In alternate console configurations (that is, no graphics head), communications port 2 (/dev/tty01) becomes the system console. The serial system console port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. No modem or hardware flow control is supported. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the console serial port in alternate console configurations must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. The scc driver enforces this restriction. Only communications port 1 (/dev/tty00) includes full modem control. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), modem(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off scc(7)