Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML parsing by UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users XML parsing by UNIX Post 302784161 by arindam guha on Thursday 21st of March 2013 03:34:42 PM
Old 03-21-2013
thanks for ur reply.
PFA the xml file.
actually i want to extract value this way.
Example:
if i give AdminInQueue in my command it will give back its <tns:value> only. here it will give WBIA.SMRPSC1.ADINQ.
means i want to extract the particular <tns:value> by giving its name only.
and i will store it one variable.

can u please suggest something?
thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

XML parsing

Hi I want to take an XML file and transform it into a pipe-delimited format. What is the best tool to use for this? I have libxml2 which seems to be the best xml parser around. The xml file will have the following format. <Txn> <Date>120504</Date> <id>99</id> <Items> <Item>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix XML Parsing check well formed

Hi, I am using ksh, is there any command which can check whether the XML file is well formed or not? Regards, Sreejit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
tracker-extract(1)						   User Commands						tracker-extract(1)

NAME
tracker-extract - Extract metadata from a file. SYNOPSYS
tracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output. NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbosity=N Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug. -f, --file=FILE The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. -m, --mime=MIME The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically. -d, --disable-shutdown Disable shutting down after 30 seconds of inactivity. -i, --force-internal-extractors Use this option to force internal extractors over 3rd parties like libstreamanalyzer. -m, --force-module=MODULE Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the MOD- ULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/. This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too, for example, you can use --force-module=foo Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must con- tain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documen- tation. -V, --version Show binary version. EXAMPLES
Using command line to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_EXTRACTORS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. FILES
$HOME/.config/tracker/tracker-extract.cfg SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-info(1). tracker-extract.cfg(5). /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/ GNU
July 2007 tracker-extract(1)