Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC and LDAP users (AD)
Operating Systems AIX RBAC and LDAP users (AD) Post 302784117 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 21st of March 2013 01:36:32 PM
Old 03-21-2013
Well, as far as I know AD only supports the rfc2307 attributes, out of the box.

There are a couple of dated (were written with AIX 5.1 and for AD AIX 6.1), but still largely accurate, tutorials. (must look for links).

Have you run the mksecldap command to make AIX an ldap client of the AD server?

Before mkuser/chuser/etc can contact AD it needs to know where to look.

For the simple stuff - start with lsuser once it is setup.

$|# lsuser -R LDAP michael

---------- Post updated at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:25 PM ----------

Infocenter link - the basics
Developerworks article for SunOne and AD (from 2008, but gets you going)

Also, try "your favorite search engine": aixSchemaForAD

What ever solution path you choose it will include loading, at some point, an AIX LDAP Schema

After you have read the articles above, you will understand better.

BEFORE you begin - make sure adding a schema to AD does not break your support contract. So make a backup first. I am told AD does not (did not?) have an easy option to remove extensions.

Hope this helps!
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent of ADMCHG for LDAP Users

All newly created Aix5 users are forced to change password first time when they log in. We know removing the ADMCHG flag in passwd file will not prompt the user for change password. But we are trying to figure out the similar solution if the user is created as a LDAP user ?. Any help? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipas
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

link LDAP-Users

hi, is it possible to link users on a LDAP-Server from one container to another? we have two trees, one for AIX and one for solaris-linux but we have a few users in both trees, they should have the same password and a password change must affect both entries we use IBM Directory Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Rbac

I am trying to let user asillitoe su to the godbrook role to execute commands. I have editted files as follows: user_attr: asillito::::type=normal;roles=godbrook godbrook::::type=role;profiles=Gadbrook,All prof_attr: Gadbrook:::Allow root commands to be used by godbrook: exec_attr:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdberry
0 Replies

4. Solaris

RBAC Help

do i have to create a new account to add a role? i want the sysadmin login i have 3 users on my systems sysadmin secman oc01 also 3 profiles SA (goes t0 sysadmin account) SSO (goes to secman account) LMICS (goes to oc01 account) the user accounts are located in /h/USERS/local the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Rbac

Can anyone help me on "How to change Unix to support RBAC policy"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPoroo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

rbac problem.

Hi all! On backup server with contab my script worked, but one command don't fine to be executed: bash-3.00$ scp itadmin@172.17.0.44:/export/backups/* /bckp1/opencms/bcp_`date +%Y%m%d`/ www-zone.cfg 100%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP users with RBAC Roles

I have an issue with integration between Microsoft LDAP users and RBAC roles defined in a Solaris box. to explain more , i managed to integrate Microsoft Active Directory user loggings to Solaris boxes. I've done it to centralize user repo. and instead of creating admin accounts on more than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

8. Linux

Monitor ldap users

Any way to find the ldap users currently logged into the clinets ? I am using Openldap with NFS for home directory mounts. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
0 Replies

9. Linux

Help me with all users ldap

Need to find the ldap id's of all the users in my organizations... is there any command??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
0 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT - LDAPv3 Manage DSA-IT control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT; $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $manage = Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT->new( critical => 1 ); $msg = $ldap->modify( 'dc=sub,dc=mydomain,dc=eg", changes => [ delete => { ref => 'ldap://ldap2/dc=sub,dc=mydom,dc=eg' }, add => { ref => 'ldap://ldap3/dc=sub,dc=mydom,dc=eg' } ], control => [ $manage ] ); die "error: ",$msg->code(),": ",$msg->error() if ($msg->code()); DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "ManageDsaIT" control as described by RFC 3296. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
Since the "ManageDsaIT" control does not have any values only the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control are supported METHODS
As there are no additional values in the control only the methods in Net::LDAP::Control are available for "Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT" objects. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>. Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-03-12 Net::LDAP::Control::ManageDsaIT(3)