Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access to Prompt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access to Prompt Post 302784109 by grobian on Thursday 21st of March 2013 01:04:03 PM
Old 03-21-2013
Hello Corona688,

thanks for answer!
I will give it a try.

Cheers,
Gordon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Wants to delete a file on window 2000 Pro but prompt Access Denied

Kindly give me insight to this problem that l am encountering on window 2000 professional. I want to delete a file with .dll. If l delete the file its prompt access denied. Every option under the file attribute signify that the no deny was checked, but still l can't delete the file. Also l tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ultra sparc 2 no video - ok prompt access

I have an ultra sparc 2 with no video - I connect to it with hyperterm. Is there a way to get to the OK prompt? I have tried control/break and that does not work. If not is there a video card I can get to put in this box? I have Solaris 10 installed on this machine. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tribbles
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i access db2 instance via telnet command prompt

Hi I have a perl script code in which connecting with db2 database and doing some process. My perl script code and db2 database server present in the same unix server. I am connecting and executing perl script code via windows telnet. Now my question is i could not able to connect db2 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

7. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't use 'break' command, Can't access 'ok' prompt.

Hi I have A Sun Ultra Enterprise 450 server, it has Solaris installed on it. I have A serial terminal hooked up to it (nullmodem cable plugged into serial port 1 on the box, and the other end plugged into the serial port of A laptop (NEC Versa M300)) The laptop is running Ubuntu 12.04.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SomeoneTwo
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)