Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script Post 302784107 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 21st of March 2013 12:58:20 PM
Old 03-21-2013
May be like this?
Code:
print <<'SOMEJAVASCRIPT';
<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">
<input type = "text" name="message">
<input type = "password" name="password">
<input type="submit" name = "submitbutton" value=" Edit ">
</form>
<script>
function submitForm(s) { // when submit form button pressed
var pwd = document.forms[0].password.value;
if (pwd != 1111) {
alert ("Wrong Password! Your greedy has given up! ");
return false;
}}
</script>
SOMEJAVASCRIPT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

2. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl-cgi with java

hi, I am writing a perl-cgi which will extract data from DB and show on portal (like a report). Now I have one portal ready with Java (war deployed). Can I use same portal which will directly call my perl-cgi script ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedding HTML in Perl script

My webpage is hosted from perlscript(homepage.pl), i want to add piece of html code in the footer of the homepage. I simply pasted the html code at the end of the perl script as below... ======================================================== close(OUTSQL); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paventhan
4 Replies

6. Web Development

perl cgi script not working

Hello, Met a problem learning perl cgi script. 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -wT 2 3 use strict; 4 use CGI qw(:standard); 5 6 my $q = new CGI; 7 8 my $filename = $q->param('/home/yifangt/hello.cgi'); 9 my $contenttype = $q->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'}; 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to copy the file in perl cgi script

Hello experts, I am facing an very typical problem and hope the issue can be solved. I have a page download.cgi in /cgi-bin folder. use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw ( fatalsToBrowser ); use File::Copy copy("C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)