Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting variable from a query Post 302784007 by sandy162 on Thursday 21st of March 2013 09:43:52 AM
Old 03-21-2013
Getting variable from a query

Hi,

I need to get a variable HMAX_TBL_ID and then use it in second select query. The first select statement returns few leading white spaces for ex : 12345
so when I run the script HMAX_TBL_ID does not return the "12345" , it returns blank.
Please let me know what I am missing.

Code:
HMAX_TBL_ID=`psql -U ${PG_USER} -h ${PG_HOST} -d ${PG_DB} -p ${PG_PASS} -t -c "select stp_ctr_fetch_module_tbl_id('ATTRIB', 'GET')"` | sed -e 's/^[ \t]*//'

echo -e "This is max table id in ${HMAX_TBL_ID} "

if [ $? -ne 0 ]
        then
                echo -e " Error while getting the maximun table id processed"
        fi

psql -U ${PG_USER} -h ${PG_HOST} -d ${PG_DB} -p ${PG_PASS} -t -c "select distinct tbl_id from tbl_ctr_module_tbl where tbl_id between ${LAST_PROCESSED_TABLEID} and ${HMAX_TBL_ID}" | sed '/^$/d' > ${TBL_ID_FILE}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing database query in a variable

I am executing a SQL query in Unix Server: select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' In shell script I am writing this query in the below manner: echo "select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' ;" >> $directory/info.sql ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Query o/p to variable

Hi, I wanted to o/p the number of rows in a table to a variable in linux. How can i achieve this. I wrote the query and its settings like feedback, pagesize line size in a file and using this file as a parameter to the sqlplus command. now can i redirect the o/p of that query to a variable.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to - redirect query results to a variable

How can I send the results of a query to a unix variable. I basically want to run a query then do some logic on the results. Trying to redirect the result into a variable I define in the script. select count(*) as counter from table - nut to redirect the "count" returned from the query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstone
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable in insert query?

My script contains as follows, VALUE=`sqlplus un/pwd <<EOF > OB.txt set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select max(1) from table1; exit; EOF` insert into table2 values(1, 'The max value is $value',...); i need the value of VALUE to be inserted after 'The max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savithavijay
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating of query variable in perl

Hi , I am facing error in perl when I assign a below query in a varibale $query because of new line charchters $query= SELECT XYZ , ABC , c2 , c3 , c4 FROM t1 how can i get rid of new line charchters with out changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on fetching a value of variable in script

I have below 3 files in a directory : oktest.txt okcode.txt okfun.txt I was writing a small shell script to just print the names of three files where I took a variable a and assigned it a value ok. a=ok echo "Three files are : $atest.txt $acode.txt $afun.txt" But when I run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable to a query?

Hi All, How to pass date variable to a query? I have tried the below one , but it's not working. ost.ksh #!/bin/ksh v_date=$1 var=$(sqlplus -s $ORACON <<ENDOFSQL SELECT TO_DATE('$v_date','DD-MON-YYYY'),-1) FROM DUAL; exit; ENDOFSQL ) #End I have executed as below. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies
select_wakeup(9r)														 select_wakeup(9r)

NAME
select_wakeup - General: Wakes up a kernel thread SYNOPSIS
void select_wakeup( sel_queue_t *selq ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a sel_queue structure. DESCRIPTION
The select_wakeup routine wakes up a kernel thread that is suspended while waiting for an event on the specified device. A user-level process can use the select system call to cause the process to be suspended while waiting for an event to happen on a device. For example, a graphics application may issue a select call while waiting for mouse or keyboard input to arrive. In this case the process would issue the select system call, which would indirectly call the graphics driver's select routine (through the driver's select entry point in the dsent table) to determine if any input is available. If input is available, the select call may return immediately. If no input is cur- rently available, the graphics driver would suspend the process until input arrived. For this example, when the graphics driver has received input (typically through its interrupt handler), it causes any processes suspended from calling select to continue by calling the select_wakeup routine. This causes any process currently suspended on the select channel (as specified by the selq argument) to resume. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Routines: select_dequeue(9r), select_dequeue_all(9r), select_enqueue(9r) System Calls: select(2) select_wakeup(9r)