Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error? Post 302783963 by hanson44 on Thursday 21st of March 2013 08:04:32 AM
Old 03-21-2013
Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

'strlen' of a constant string

In a declaration, I have: const char comment_begin = "<!--"; const char comment_end = "-->"; const int comment_begin_len = strlen(comment_begin); const int comment_end_len = strlen(comment_end); When I compile, I get the warnings: emhttpc.c:64: warning: initializer element is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runaway String Problem

Database.txt John:30:40 echo -n "New Title Please :" read NewTitle awk -F":" 'OFS = ":"{ $1 = "'$NewTitle'" ; print $0 } ' Database.txt> Database2.txt mv Database2.txt Database.txt what this does, is that when i input something into $NewTitle, it will update $1 which is "John" into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose random text between constant string.. using awk?

Hallo I have maybe a little bit advanced request.... I need to choose one random part betwen %.... so i have this.. % text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 % text2 text2 text2 text2 text2 % text3 text3 text3 tetx3 % this choose text between % awk ' /%/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandwich
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble appending string constant to variable

Hi. I define my variables as: month=jul DD=17 YEAR=2012 transmission_file_name_only=test_$month$DD$YEAR_partial.dat However when I run my script the variable 'transmission_file_name_only' resolves to: File "/downloads/test_jul17.dat" not found. How can I append this '_partial'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

6. Programming

String Constant C

I wonder string constant exists permanently or temporary. For example, printf("hello, world"); the function printf access to it is through a pointer. Does it mean storage is allocated for the string constant to exist permanently in memory? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)