Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk? Post 302783815 by Nevergivup on Thursday 21st of March 2013 03:40:35 AM
Old 03-21-2013
How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi ,

I have a below xml:
Code:
<ns:Body>
<ns:result>
<Date Month="June"  Day="Monday:/>
</ns:result>
</ns:Body>

i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details
Code:
Month  June July August
Day    Monday Tuesday Wednesday

I need a output xml with below tags
Code:
<ns:Body>
<ns:result>
<Date Month="June"  Day="Monday:/>
<Date Month="July"  Day="Tuesday:/>
<Date Month="August"  Day="Wednesday:/>
</ns:result>
</ns:Body>

How can i achieve it using awk or shell scripting

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-21-2013 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run shell command and insert results to existing xml file

Hi. Thanks for any help with this. I'm not new to programming but I am new to shell programming. I need a script that will 1. execute 'df -k' and return the volume names with specific text 2. surround each line of the above results in opening and closing xml tags 3. insert the results of step... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlejon
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search xml tags using unix shell

Hi All, Good day Here is my data: <Journal> <JournalCode>2</JournalCode> <JournalType>L</JournalType> <JournalEntry>SG</JournalEntry> <JournalAmount>-0.05</JournalAmount> </Journal> Problem: 1) I need to query the above tags in xml. Which is from the header <Journal>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutinoman
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read content between xml tags with awk, grep, awk or what ever...

Hello, I trying to extract text that is surrounded by xml-tags. I tried this cat tst.xml | egrep "<SERVER>.*</SERVER>" |sed -e "s/<SERVER>\(.*\)<\/SERVER>/\1/"|tr "|" " " which works perfect, if the start-tag and the end-tag are in the same line, e.g.: <tag1>Hello Linux-Users</tag1> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retrieve the particular value from a same list of xml tags

Hi All, I have the following code in one of my xml file: <com:parameter> <com:name>secretKey</com:name> <com:value>31XA874821172E89B00B1C</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter> <com:name>tryDisinfect</com:name> <com:value>false</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and or sed command to sum the value in repeating tags in a XML

I have a XML in which <Amt Ccy="EUR">3.1</Amt> tag repeats. This is under another tag <Main>. I need to sum all the values of <Amt Ccy=""> (Ccy may vary) coming under <Main> using awk and or sed command. can some help? Sample looks like below <root> <Main> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)