Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to deal with replaced files? Post 302783813 by hanson44 on Thursday 21st of March 2013 03:37:31 AM
Old 03-21-2013
It would help if you could compose a test case. Give a sample of eight or so file names with complete paths, and the final complete paths you want.

Of course it's possible to do most anything. But sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Why do you want all the files in one directory? The whole point of having directories is to organize information. What would be the result if you took all the papers out of your file cabinet and emptied them onto your desk? Smilie Is there any chance you could use tar or zip to accomplish whatever you are trying to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what commands are used to deal with core files on linux redhat???

how do you cause a running pocess to dump a core file on linux systems?? i tried sleep 100 & kill -SEGV PID but nothing is created also, what commands can be used to analyze them? (extract useful info from them) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. AIX

hdisk0 becomes hdisk2 after replaced

hello, I must've screwed something here.. I just had hdisk0 replaced by IBM.. now it shows up as hdisk2 instead. Before doing that, I've had it split from hdisk1, and reduced from rootvg. Just did a rmdev -dl hdisk2.. ran cfgmgr, but still shows up as hdisk2 instead of hdisk0.. help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
2 Replies

3. Programming

Can Mutex be replaced with anything?

Hi All, To avoid race condition, instead of using mutex, semaphore, spinlock etc.... Is there any other mechanism by which we can avoid race condition in an multi-threading environment. -Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma replaced with pipe

Source data: "123","aaa bbb CCC","12000" "134","HHH,bbc","13000" i have a delimited file. i want to replace with the pipe.The sed command is not working for replacing a delimeter. Command : sed s/\,/\|/g filename Output : When i run the command it is replacing the columns value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk next time replaced by none

Hi Everyone, 1.txt a b c d e f d g gg output: abc de (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing a calculation on string to be replaced

Hi, I have a file with occurances of the string "TO_DATE(<number here>,'J')" at random places. I need minus 2400000 from the number and replace the string with "convert(date, dateadd(dd, <new number here>,'16 Nov 1858')". I'm finding this difficult as the string isn't necessarily in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_invalid
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable value is not getting replaced

Hi, I am trying to generate list of employees from emp table who joined yesterday. emp.sh YEST=$(date --date='1 day ago' +%Y-%m-%d) cat emp.sql | mysql -u <user> -p<pass> -h <host> -P <port> -D <dbname> > emp.csv emp.sql select * from employee where join_date = '$YEST'; I expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to deal with incomplete image files

Sorry for the odd title, but I couldn't think of an easy way to describe my issue. Background I have a home security system that continually sends (via FTP) 4 different still images to a directory on my personal website - cam0.jpg, cam1.jpg, etc. I've written an extremely basic html script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CinciJeff
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal files with space in names?

I have a bash file as following: #!/bin/sh deal_file(){ printf $1 printf "\t is a file" echo } main(){ for file in `find "$1" ` do deal_file $file done } main $1 then I run ./t.sh .,get the following results: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)