Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to deal with replaced files? Post 302783797 by balajesuri on Thursday 21st of March 2013 03:19:54 AM
Old 03-21-2013
Its not possible to have two files with the same name in one directory. One suggestion is, you can append a number to it.
For e.g., you could copy "Desktop.jpg" from different locations as "Desktop01.jpg", "Desktop02.jpg"... and so on...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what commands are used to deal with core files on linux redhat???

how do you cause a running pocess to dump a core file on linux systems?? i tried sleep 100 & kill -SEGV PID but nothing is created also, what commands can be used to analyze them? (extract useful info from them) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. AIX

hdisk0 becomes hdisk2 after replaced

hello, I must've screwed something here.. I just had hdisk0 replaced by IBM.. now it shows up as hdisk2 instead. Before doing that, I've had it split from hdisk1, and reduced from rootvg. Just did a rmdev -dl hdisk2.. ran cfgmgr, but still shows up as hdisk2 instead of hdisk0.. help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
2 Replies

3. Programming

Can Mutex be replaced with anything?

Hi All, To avoid race condition, instead of using mutex, semaphore, spinlock etc.... Is there any other mechanism by which we can avoid race condition in an multi-threading environment. -Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma replaced with pipe

Source data: "123","aaa bbb CCC","12000" "134","HHH,bbc","13000" i have a delimited file. i want to replace with the pipe.The sed command is not working for replacing a delimeter. Command : sed s/\,/\|/g filename Output : When i run the command it is replacing the columns value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk next time replaced by none

Hi Everyone, 1.txt a b c d e f d g gg output: abc de (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing a calculation on string to be replaced

Hi, I have a file with occurances of the string "TO_DATE(<number here>,'J')" at random places. I need minus 2400000 from the number and replace the string with "convert(date, dateadd(dd, <new number here>,'16 Nov 1858')". I'm finding this difficult as the string isn't necessarily in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_invalid
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable value is not getting replaced

Hi, I am trying to generate list of employees from emp table who joined yesterday. emp.sh YEST=$(date --date='1 day ago' +%Y-%m-%d) cat emp.sql | mysql -u <user> -p<pass> -h <host> -P <port> -D <dbname> > emp.csv emp.sql select * from employee where join_date = '$YEST'; I expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to deal with incomplete image files

Sorry for the odd title, but I couldn't think of an easy way to describe my issue. Background I have a home security system that continually sends (via FTP) 4 different still images to a directory on my personal website - cam0.jpg, cam1.jpg, etc. I've written an extremely basic html script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CinciJeff
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal files with space in names?

I have a bash file as following: #!/bin/sh deal_file(){ printf $1 printf "\t is a file" echo } main(){ for file in `find "$1" ` do deal_file $file done } main $1 then I run ./t.sh .,get the following results: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)

NAME
dh_installexamples - install example files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installexamples [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installexamples is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing examples into usr/share/doc/package/examples in package build directories. FILES
debian/package.examples Lists example files or directories to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install any files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Install these files (or directories) as examples into the first package acted on. (Or into all packages if -A is specified.) NOTES
Note that dh_installexamples will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)