Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change tab size to 4
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Change tab size to 4 Post 302783629 by jerryd on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 05:41:01 PM
Old 03-20-2013
hanson44,

Thanks for the reply.

I entered this line in the _vimrc file ":set nu" but line
numbering didn't happen. I even re-booted. Maybe I have
something set up wrong and Gvim never looks at this file.
Any more suggestions?

jerryd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change the tab size in vi?

the default size is 8. i found it's too big. how can i change the tab size in vi? is it a good idea to change it at all? thks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system size change

Good morning folks! I'm new here.. trying to find an answer on how to resize filesystem. Need to add some space to c0t0d0s5, /var... Is it possible at all? JV (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvinn
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the font size in bash

Hi, I would like to change the font size in bash. I know how do it in ksh: F_VDOBLE="\033#6" print "${F_VDOBLE}Esto es..." But in bash I don't know Could you help me please? Many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
5 Replies

4. AIX

Change the Block size of AIX 6.1

Friends , I know the most cases the unix operation system holds the default block size 4MB . In AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1 , also use upto 4 MB as its default block size .Now I want to change this value from 4MB to 8MB as AIX block size . Is it possible to change the block size value in AIX 6.1/5.3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting tab with even size

I have a number of columns separated by tabs but the spacing between them are of different sizes. Is there any way of separating them with tab of even size? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get directories colored when doing change directory and tab

I am trying to navigate between directories using cd. However, the only way to distinguish directories now is by seeing the "/' after the directory names, which is quite inefficient. How can I make the directories look in color when typing cd and then using the tab key to list the files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

7. Linux

kde 4.3 and tab size

Hi Guys I have just upgraded to kde4 and i noticed that the default tab size in konsole are massive, i cannot see the setting to change this any hlep thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

8. Programming

Java JOptionPanel change text field with TAB

So I don't really know anything about Frames, Windows, or Panels.. I just got interested in Java because a coworker is doing classes in it. I know some other languages but never did GUI things...I literally just got NetBeans, and drew up a dialog using it's Design view. All I want is for the TAB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How to change ffmpeg default font size?

Hello, I have a problem with Greek subtitle font size when I map a subtitle file into a video in ffmpeg. I ran below code: ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -i video_sub.srt -c:v copy -c:a copy \ -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4 When I play it in VLC,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change size of watermark

I'm using this code to watermark images (add a logo). How do I change the size of the watermark to cover a certain percentage of the image ffmpeg -i folder/s886_01.jpg -i watermark.png -filter_complex overlay=15:15 output.png (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies
WITNESS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						WITNESS(4)

NAME
witness -- lock validation facility SYNOPSIS
options WITNESS options WITNESS_KDB options WITNESS_SKIPSPIN DESCRIPTION
The witness module keeps track of the locks acquired and released by each thread. It also keeps track of the order in which locks are acquired with respect to each other. Each time a lock is acquired, witness uses these two lists to verify that a lock is not being acquired in the wrong order. If a lock order violation is detected, then a message is output to the kernel console detailing the locks involved and the locations in question. Witness can also be configured to drop into the kernel debugger when an order violation occurs. The witness code also checks various other conditions such as verifying that one does not recurse on a non-recursive lock. For sleep locks, witness verifies that a new process would not be switched to when a lock is released or a lock is blocked on during an acquire while any spin locks are held. If any of these checks fail, then the kernel will panic. The flag that controls whether or not the kernel debugger is entered when a lock order violation is detected can be set in a variety of ways. By default, the flag is off, but if the WITNESS_KDB kernel option is specified, then the flag will default to on. It can also be set from the loader(8) via the debug.witness.kdb environment variable or after the kernel has booted via the debug.witness.kdb sysctl. If the flag is set to zero, then the debugger will not be entered. If the flag is non-zero, then the debugger will be entered. The witness code can also be configured to skip all checks on spin mutexes. By default, this flag defaults to off, but it can be turned on by specifying the WITNESS_SKIPSPIN kernel option. The flag can also be set via the loader(8) environment variable debug.witness.skipspin. If the variable is set to a non-zero value, then spin mutexes are skipped. Once the kernel has booted, the status of this flag can be exam- ined but not set via the read-only sysctl debug.witness.skipspin. The sysctl debug.witness.watch specifies the level of witness involvement in the system. A value of 1 specifies that witness is enabled. A value of 0 specifies that witness is disabled, but that can be enabled again. This will maintain a small amount of overhead in the system. A value of -1 specifies that witness is disabled permanently and that cannot be enabled again. The sysctl debug.witness.watch can be set via loader(8). The witness code also provides two extra ddb(4) commands if both witness and ddb(4) are compiled into the kernel: show locks Outputs the list of locks held by the current thread to the kernel console along with the filename and line number at which each lock was last acquired by this thread. show witness Dump the current order list to the kernel console. The code first displays the lock order tree for all of the sleep locks. Then it displays the lock order tree for all of the spin locks. Finally, it displays a list of locks that have not yet been acquired. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), loader(8), sysctl(8), mutex(9) HISTORY
The witness code first appeared in BSD/OS 5.0 and was imported from there into FreeBSD 5.0. BUGS
The witness code currently does not handle recursion of shared sx(9) locks properly. BSD
February 18, 2001 BSD