Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File name lower to upper in Shell Post 302783531 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 03:10:57 PM
Old 03-20-2013
@tadavricky. I tried you original solution on Solaris 10 and it worked without a hitch..
As an alternative you could try:
Code:
printf "%s\n" "${file_name1}"| awk -F'[-~_][A-Z]*' '{sub(/.*#/,x); print $1=$1 "_" $2 tolower ($3)}'

On Solaris use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-20-2013 at 09:31 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upper And Lower Case

Hi! I pass a parameter to a script code and I have to make it upper case before use: $ MyShell aBcDe script code: UpperVariable=function($1) I can't know how make function, maybe some sed option? Thank You, PARIDE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pciatto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting Upper and Lower case

Hi Gurus, This is my script: echo "" echo "Do you want to execute DWH Test Program?" echo "" echo -n "Okay?("y" or "n")=> " set ret = $< if ($ret != "y") then echo "" echo "" echo "End." exit 0 How can I make this script accept uppercase as well?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from upper to lower case

Hi I am working in ksh and need to convert the following line into lower case: N344 N228 P227 N115 P116 N332 P331 P343 P293 N342 N294 N335 N329 P330 P336 P097 P092 N098 P334 N337 P345 P338 N091 N333 so the output should look like this: n344 n228 p227 n115 p116 n332 p331 p343 p293 n342... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lower to upper case in ksh

What is the command to change the contents of a file to UPPER case. Here in this file below you see some characters are Sp, Ch 1200812270046581 22885072800000652 B86860003OLFXXX592123320081227 22885029800000652 B86860003ODL-Sp592123420081227 22885093700000652-B94030001ODL-Ch592123520081227... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshuser
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of text upper and lower end of file

Hello folks, I have a file that size is over 20GB. if i open in vi it takes ages. i want to add three lines at the top of file and three lines at the end of files. lines are as follows upper three lines 114444bbbbbb dddd4544d4cc rrrr4dddddddd5 at the end of file need to add three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upper and Lower case

Hi, I think this is a weird problem. I have two files...one with all UPPER case and the other one with a mix of upper and lower. Match each record in file1 against record in file2, if they match, then change the record in file1 to that of record in file2. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upper to lower case in encoded file

Hi All, I want to change the out put of a decode file from lower to upper. i used tr command but facing issue. set -vx id=$(id) dt=$(date) store=$1 if ]; then cd $APPL_TOP/local/bin cp .sqlpass.Z $$.temp.Z uncompress $$.temp.Z sed -e s/sqlpass/$$.sqlpass/ $$.temp >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lower to upper..tr + awk ?

I have a file that has a pattern 2 lines, blanktwo line If encountering the first line, the 2nd line need to be converted to UPPERCASE...or...conver the 2nd line after ablank into uppercase Is there a 'tr' function in awk..(probably the best tool over sed) ? i.e. ......................... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
6 Replies
WKHTMLTOPDF(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WKHTMLTOPDF(1)

Name
       wkhtmltopdf - html to pdf converter

Synopsis
	 wkhtmltopdf [OPTIONS]... <input file> [More input files] <output file>

Description
       Converts one or more HTML pages into a PDF document, not using wkhtmltopdf patched qt.

General Options
	   --allow <path>
	      Allow the file or files from the specified folder to be loaded (repeatable)
	   --collate
	      Collate when printing multiple copies
	   --cookie <name> <value>
	      Set an additional cookie (repeatable)
	   --cookie-jar <path>
	      Read and write cookies from and to the supplied cookie jar file
	   --copies <number>
	      Number of copies to print into the pdf file
	   --custom-header <name> <value>
	      Set an additional HTTP header (repeatable)
	   --debug-javascript
	      Show javascript debugging output
       -n, --disable-javascript
	      Do not allow web pages to run javascript
	   --disallow-local-file-access
	      Do not allowed conversion of a local file to read in other local files, unless explecitily allowed with --allow
       -d, --dpi <dpi>
	      Change the dpi explicitly (this has no effect on X11 based systems)
	   --enable-plugins
	      Enable installed plugins (such as flash
	   --encoding <encoding>
	      Set the default text encoding, for input
	   --extended-help
	      Display more extensive help, detailing less common command switches
       -g, --grayscale
	      PDF will be generated in grayscale
       -h, --help
	      Display help
	   --htmldoc
	      Output program html help
	   --ignore-load-errors
	      Ignore pages that claimes to have encountered an error during loading
       -l, --lowquality
	      Generates lower quality pdf/ps. Useful to shrink the result document space
	   --manpage
	      Output program man page
       -B, --margin-bottom <unitreal>
	      Set the page bottom margin (default 10mm)
       -L, --margin-left <unitreal>
	      Set the page left margin (default 10mm)
       -R, --margin-right <unitreal>
	      Set the page right margin (default 10mm)
       -T, --margin-top <unitreal>
	      Set the page top margin (default 10mm)
	   --minimum-font-size <int>
	      Minimum font size
	   --no-background
	      Do not print background
       -O, --orientation <orientation>
	      Set orientation to Landscape or Portrait
	   --page-height <unitreal>
	      Page height (default unit millimeter)
       -s, --page-size <size>
	      Set paper size to: A4, Letter, etc.
	   --page-width <unitreal>
	      Page width  (default unit millimeter)
	   --password <password>
	      HTTP Authentication password
	   --post <name> <value>
	      Add an additional post field (repeatable)
	   --post-file <name> <path>
	      Post an additional file (repeatable)
       -p, --proxy <proxy>
	      Use a proxy
       -q, --quiet
	      Be less verbose
	   --read-args-from-stdin
	      Read command line arguments from stdin
	   --readme
	      Output program readme
	   --redirect-delay <msec>
	      Wait some milliseconds for js-redirects
	   --stop-slow-scripts
	      Stop slow running javascripts
	   --title <text>
	      The title of the generated pdf file (The title of the first document is used if not specified)
	   --user-style-sheet <url>
	      Specify a user style sheet, to load with every page
	   --username <username>
	      HTTP Authentication username
       -V, --version
	      Output version information an exit
	   --zoom <float>
	      Use this zoom factor

Reduced Functionality
       This version of wkhtmltopdf has been compiled against a version of QT without the wkhtmltopdf patches. Therefore some features are missing,
       if you need these features please use the static version.

Currently the list of features only supported with patch QT includes:

* Printing more then one HTML document into a PDF file.
	* Running without an X11 server.
	* Adding a document outline to the PDF file.
	* Adding headers and footers to the PDF file.
	* Generating a table of contents.
	* Adding links in the generated PDF file.
	* Printing using the screen media-type.
	* Disabling the smart shrink feature of webkit.

Page sizes
       The default page size of the rendered document is A4, but using this --page-size optionthis can be changed to almost  anything  else,  such
       as: A3, Letter and Legal.  For a full list of supported pages sizes please see <http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qprinter.html#PageSize-enum>.

For a more fine grained control over the page size the --page-height and --page-width options may be used

Reading arguments from stdin
       If  you	need  to  convert  a  lot  of  pages  in  a batch, and you feel that wkhtmltopdf is a bit to slow to start up, then you should try
       --read-args-from-stdin,

When --read-args-from-stdin each line of input sent to wkhtmltopdf on stdin will act as a separate  invocation  of  wkhtmltopdf,  with  the
       arguments specified on the given line combined with the arguments given to wkhtmltopdf

For example one could do the following:

echo "http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qapplication.html qapplication.pdf" >> cmds
	 echo "--cover google.com http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit) qt.pdf" >> cmds
	 wkhtmltopdf --read-args-from-stdin --book < cmds

Page Breaking
       The  current  page  breaking algorithm of WebKit leaves much to be desired. Basically webkit will render everything into one long page, and
       then cut it up into pages. This means that if you have two columns of text where one is vertically shifted by half a line. Then webkit will
       cut a line into to pieces display the top half on one page. And the bottom half on another page. It will also break image in two and so on.
       If you are using the patched version of QT you can use the CSS page-break-inside property to remedy this somewhat. There is no  easy  solu-
       tion  to  this  problem, until this is solved try organising your HTML documents such that it contains many lines on which pages can be cut
       cleanly.

See   also:   <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=9>,   <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=33>   and
       <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=57>.

Contact
       If  you	experience  bugs  or want to request new features please visit <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/list>, if you have any
       problems or comments please feel free to contact me: see <http://www.madalgo.au.dk/~jakobt/#about>

Authors
       Written by Jakob Truelsen. Patches by Mario Silva, Benoit Garret and Emmanuel Bouthenot.

2009 February 23						    WKHTMLTOPDF(1)