Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cleaning output using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cleaning output using awk Post 302783523 by Jotne on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 03:02:01 PM
Old 03-20-2013
Works perfectly, thanks Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doing some spring cleaning....

USERS="me you jim joe sue" for user in ${USERS}; do rmuser -p $user usrdir=`cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` rm -fr `cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` echo Deleting: $user '\t' REMOVING: $usrdir done This is for AIX ONLY!!! but easily ported to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK Data Cleaning

Hello, I am trying to analyze data I recently ran, and the only way to efficiently clean up the data is by using an awk file. I am very new to awk and am having great difficulty with it. In $8 and $9, for example, I am trying to delete numbers that contain 1. I cannot find any tutorials that... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: carmar87
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File cleaning

HI , I am getting the source data as below. Source Data CDR_Data,,,,, F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 5,5,6,7,8,7 6,6,g,,, 7,7,76,,, 8,8,gt,,, 9,9,df ,d,d,d ,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cleaning the file

Hi, I have a file with multiple rows. each row has 8 columns. Column 8 has entries separated by commas. I want to exclude all the rows in which column 8 has more than 3 commas. 1234#0/1 - ABC_1234 3 ATGCATGCATGC HHHIIIGIHVF 1 49:T>C,60:T>C,78:C>A,76:G>T,65:T>G Thanks, Diya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning AWK code

Hi I need some help to clean my code used to get city location. wget -q -O - http://www.ip2location.com/ | grep chkRegionCity | awk 'END { print }' | awk -F"" '{print $4}' It gives me the city but have a leading space. I am sure this could all be done by one single AWK Also if possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning through perl or awk a Stemmer dictionary

Hello, I work under Windows Vista and I am compiling an open-source stemmer dictionary for English and eventually for other Indian languages. The Engine which I have written has spewed out all lemmatised/expanded forms of the words: Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs etc. Each set of expanded forms is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
AMSTATUS(8)						  System Administration Commands					       AMSTATUS(8)

NAME
amstatus - display the state of an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amstatus [--file amdumpfile] [--summary] [--dumping] [--waitdumping] [--waittaper] [--dumpingtape] [--writingtape] [--finished] [--failed] [--estimate] [--gestimate] [--stats] [--locale-independent-date-format] [--config] config DESCRIPTION
Amstatus gives the current state of the Amanda run specified by the config configuration. If there is no active Amanda running, it summarizes the result of the last run. It may also be used to summarize the results of a previous run. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
All options may be abbreviated to the shortest non-ambiguous sub-string. If no options are given, everything is displayed. [--config] config Specify the Amanda configuration you want to display the state for. --file amdumpfile Specify an alternate file instead of the amdump or amflush file. --summary Display a summary of the state of the run. --dumping Display all partitions that are dumping. --waitdumping|wdumping Display all partitions that are waiting to be dumped. --waittaper|wtaper Display all partitions dumped that are waiting to be written to tape. --dumpingtape|dtape Display all partitions that are dumping directly to tape. --writingtape|wtape Display all partitions that are writing to tape. --finished Display all partitions that are dumped and written to tape. --failed|error Display all partitions that failed. --estimate Display all partitions whose estimate is finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --gestimate|gettingestimate Display all partitions whose estimate is not finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --stats|statistics Display statistics about active-time of taper and dumpers. --locale-independent-date-format Output the date in a locale independent format. The format is the same executing: date +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z' EXIT CODE
The exit code of amstatus is the ORed value of: 0 = success 1 = error 4 = a dle failed 8 = Don't know the status of a dle (RESULT_MISSING in the report) 16 = tape error or no more tape SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amdump(8), amrestore(8), amadmin(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMSTATUS(8)