Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl? Post 302783511 by jmituzas on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 03:04:39 PM
Old 03-20-2013
Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl?

trying to write up a script to put the suffix back.
heres what I have but can't get it to do anything Smilie

would like it to be name.date.suffix

Code:
rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024  /mymounts/test1/ /mymounts/test2/

Code:
while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name suffix date tilde
do
    mv "${name}.${suffix}.${date}.~" "${name}.${date}.${suffix}"
done 9< <(find . -type f -name "*.~" -print0)

Code:
   rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024  /mymounts/test2/ /mymounts/test1/

Code:
while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name suffix date tilde
do
    mv "${name}.${suffix}.${date}.~" "${name}.${date}.${suffix}"
done 9< <(find . -type f -name "*.~" -print0)

Thanks in advance,

---------- Post updated at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:49 PM ----------

receiving error:

Code:
rsync: link_stat "/RsyncScripts/94646.~" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1039) [sender=3.0.6]
rsync: link_stat "/RsyncScripts/94647.~" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1039) [sender=3.0.6]

Fixed that error was an error in rsync syntax Smilie
still not rewriting as I would like rewrote as "test1.txt.20130320 95325.~"

Last edited by jmituzas; 03-20-2013 at 04:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to back up with rsync

I'm trying to write a script to back up with rsync, the script I am posting below: nomServer="shiva horus isis" dirshiva="/etc /faturamento" shivaListExc="/usr/local/bin/shivaListExclRsync" dumpDir="$dumpFile/Shiva" dateBkp=`date +%A` for nServer in ${nomServer} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmoreti
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to add a suffix

Hi all, Im trying to make a proper hosts.allow with the lists of sshbl.org to block the ssh brute force attackers. The list is a text file with an IP on every line. What I've gotten up sofar is to prefix "sshd : " on every line, but I need a " : deny" suffix behind every line as well. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Couldn't read file' error in bash script with expect, sed and awk!

Ok, so I have a bash script with an embedded expect statement. Inside of the expect statement, i'm trying to pull all of the non-comment lines from the /etc/oratab file one at a time. Here's my command: cat /etc/oratab |sed /^s*#/d\ | awk 'NR==1'|awk -F: '{print \"$1\"}'|. oraenv Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexdglover
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date as suffix in rsync... what am I doing wrong?

#!/bin/bash currentdatee=$(date +%D-%R) rsync -autb --backup-dir="/home/kyle/USBSYNC/OLDFILES/CRUZEREDGE1/" --suffix="$currentdatee" /mnt/backup/* /home/kyle/USBSYNC/CRUZEREDGE1/ The rsync line simply doesn't work when I try this. It'll work if I make the suffix something static. I feel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: corrado33
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to rewrite scritp Bash into a batch

Hello, My Bash script is working but i dont know batch programing, anyone can help me? I dont want use programs to do this task, i will use in many computers... Bash: My work until now... BATCH: Thanks for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rodrocha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search strings and highlight them using Perl or bash/awk/sed

Hi, I have two files: a.doc and b.txt I wish to search the strings from file b.txt in a.doc and want to highlight them in a.doc with different colours using Perl or bash./awk/sed? Please guide me. :) Thanks!!!!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation with sed/awk in a bash script

Guys, I have a variable in a script that I want to transform to into something else Im hoping you guys can help. It doesn't have to use sed/awk but I figured these would be the simplest. DATE=20160120 I'd like to transform $DATE into "01-20-16" and move it into a new variable called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendenyc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
BASENAME(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       BASENAME(1)

NAME
basename, dirname -- return filename or directory portion of pathname SYNOPSIS
basename string [suffix] basename [-a] [-s suffix] string [...] dirname string [...] DESCRIPTION
The basename utility deletes any prefix ending with the last slash '/' character present in string (after first stripping trailing slashes), and a suffix, if given. The suffix is not stripped if it is identical to the remaining characters in string. The resulting filename is written to the standard output. A non-existent suffix is ignored. If -a is specified, then every argument is treated as a string as if basename were invoked with just one argument. If -s is specified, then the suffix is taken as its argument, and all other arguments are treated as a string. The dirname utility deletes the filename portion, beginning with the last slash '/' character to the end of string (after first stripping trailing slashes), and writes the result to the standard output. EXIT STATUS
The basename and dirname utilities exit 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following line sets the shell variable FOO to /usr/bin. FOO=`dirname /usr/bin/trail` SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), basename(3), dirname(3) STANDARDS
The basename and dirname utilities are expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD