Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cleaning output using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cleaning output using awk Post 302783489 by Jotne on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 02:08:40 PM
Old 03-20-2013
It worked for the example, but not for the whole data.
This is a repetitive task that will give many lines.
I do search for col2 as a trigger to start. Then I need f.eks only next 10 lines.

Here line 5 give extra data I do not need.

Code:
                <TR class="c">
                        <TD class="statuscol1">no</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol2">c</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol3">17</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol4"><SPAN TITLE="#104">status</SPAN></TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol5"><a href="#" class="tooltip">ON<span>host<br>made<br></span></a></TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol6">ON</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol7">3342</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol8">37397</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol9"><SPAN TITLE="">intra</SPAN></TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol10">20.03.13  11:01:48</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol11">07:08:13</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol12">073D</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol13">Status42</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol14">by local</TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol15"><SPAN CLASS="idlesec_normal">00:00:05</SPAN></TD>
                        <TD class="statuscol16">OK</TD>
                </TR>

eks output
Code:
c,17,status,ON,ON,3342,37397,intra,20.03.13  11:01:48,

I get:
Code:
c,17,status,ONhostmade,ON,3342,37397,intra,20.03.13  11:01:48,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doing some spring cleaning....

USERS="me you jim joe sue" for user in ${USERS}; do rmuser -p $user usrdir=`cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` rm -fr `cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` echo Deleting: $user '\t' REMOVING: $usrdir done This is for AIX ONLY!!! but easily ported to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK Data Cleaning

Hello, I am trying to analyze data I recently ran, and the only way to efficiently clean up the data is by using an awk file. I am very new to awk and am having great difficulty with it. In $8 and $9, for example, I am trying to delete numbers that contain 1. I cannot find any tutorials that... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: carmar87
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File cleaning

HI , I am getting the source data as below. Source Data CDR_Data,,,,, F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 5,5,6,7,8,7 6,6,g,,, 7,7,76,,, 8,8,gt,,, 9,9,df ,d,d,d ,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cleaning the file

Hi, I have a file with multiple rows. each row has 8 columns. Column 8 has entries separated by commas. I want to exclude all the rows in which column 8 has more than 3 commas. 1234#0/1 - ABC_1234 3 ATGCATGCATGC HHHIIIGIHVF 1 49:T>C,60:T>C,78:C>A,76:G>T,65:T>G Thanks, Diya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning AWK code

Hi I need some help to clean my code used to get city location. wget -q -O - http://www.ip2location.com/ | grep chkRegionCity | awk 'END { print }' | awk -F"" '{print $4}' It gives me the city but have a leading space. I am sure this could all be done by one single AWK Also if possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning through perl or awk a Stemmer dictionary

Hello, I work under Windows Vista and I am compiling an open-source stemmer dictionary for English and eventually for other Indian languages. The Engine which I have written has spewed out all lemmatised/expanded forms of the words: Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs etc. Each set of expanded forms is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)