Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is wrong with this awk statement? Post 302783401 by Yoda on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 11:40:32 AM
Old 03-20-2013
Why is it inside BEGIN block?

A BEGIN rule is executed once only, before the first input record is read.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the do statement?

hi guys, here's the code $ cat getsums.sh #!/usr/bin/sh FILENAME=$1 DELIMITER=$2 FIRST_COL=$3 SECOND_COL=$4 SALESDATE_COL=$5 STOREID=$6 UPC=$7 GTIN=$8 PROMOID=$9 echo "" echo ".:Summation Tool:." for FILE in ${FILENAME} do (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneim
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. Programming

Whats wrong with this If statement?

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? Code: if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gevni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
Test::use::ok(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Test::use::ok(3)

NAME
Test::use::ok - Alternative to Test::More::use_ok SYNOPSIS
use ok 'Some::Module'; DESCRIPTION
According to the Test::More documentation, it is recommended to run "use_ok()" inside a "BEGIN" block, so functions are exported at compile-time and prototypes are properly honored. That is, instead of writing this: use_ok( 'Some::Module' ); use_ok( 'Other::Module' ); One should write this: BEGIN { use_ok( 'Some::Module' ); } BEGIN { use_ok( 'Other::Module' ); } However, people often either forget to add "BEGIN", or mistakenly group "use_ok" with other tests in a single "BEGIN" block, which can create subtle differences in execution order. With this module, simply change all "use_ok" in test scripts to "use ok", and they will be executed at "BEGIN" time. The explicit space after "use" makes it clear that this is a single compile-time action. SEE ALSO
Test::More CC0 1.0 Universal To the extent possible under law, XX has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to Test-use-ok. This work is published from Taiwan. <http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 45: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'XX'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.18.2 2012-09-11 Test::use::ok(3)