Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is wrong with this awk statement? Post 302783397 by SkySmart on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 11:30:25 AM
Old 03-20-2013
What is wrong with this awk statement?

Code:
echo $line | awk -F, "BEGIN {if(NF==10) && /'"${MONTH}"' '"${DAY}"' '"${TIMEH}:"'/,0 {print $10"-"$4} else {print $13"-"$4}}"

if the fields in the line is equal to 10, print the values of this specified fields "$10 and $4".

if the fields in the line is anything but 10, print the values of field "$13 and $4".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the do statement?

hi guys, here's the code $ cat getsums.sh #!/usr/bin/sh FILENAME=$1 DELIMITER=$2 FIRST_COL=$3 SECOND_COL=$4 SALESDATE_COL=$5 STOREID=$6 UPC=$7 GTIN=$8 PROMOID=$9 echo "" echo ".:Summation Tool:." for FILE in ${FILENAME} do (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneim
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. Programming

Whats wrong with this If statement?

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? Code: if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gevni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
DBFDUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DBFDUMP(1)

NAME
dbfdump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbfdump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbfdump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbfdump -fs=' : ' table dbfdump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbfdump - DESCRIPTION
Dbfdump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AUTHOR
(c) 1998--1999 Jan Pazdziora, adelton@fi.muni.cz, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/ at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 DBFDUMP(1)