Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to connect internet in Linux OS Post 302783323 by ravisingh on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 09:25:23 AM
Old 03-20-2013
No Corona, there is no file with that name.
Please find attached the contents of the /dev directory.
How to connect internet in Linux OS-netpng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

4. SuSE

Help:how to connect gprs internet in linux

:mad: iam connecting to internet using gprs ccellphone in windows in linux how to connect to gprs internet presently iam using linux distribution opensuse 10.3 my phone is LGB2070 using com1 port the driver for windows is in .inf format ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
4 Replies

5. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

6. Linux

What is the easies Linux Distribution to connect to internet?

Hi everyone. I use modem(ethernet adaptor and realtek driver) but after installing ubuntu, I had no chance of installing internet so I decided to look for another linux distribution. Sorry for bothering you, but what do you think is the easiest linux distribution to connect to internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sechki
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to connect internet in Linux OS?

What all is required so that I can use internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/UNIX Server won't connect to Internet

I know nothing about Linux/Unix. The fact that it is Linux/Unix is what someone told me the server is. It has been set up with the work stations in my home and would connect to the internet (DSL) and work with the other stations. We now have an actual office that does not have DSL, but rather has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BgDunbar
2 Replies
SNMPTRANSLATE(1)						     Net-SNMP							  SNMPTRANSLATE(1)

NAME
snmptranslate - translate MIB OID names between numeric and textual forms SYNOPSIS
snmptranslate [OPTIONS] OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmptranslate is an application that translates one or more SNMP object identifier values from their symbolic (textual) forms into their numerical forms (or vice versa). OID is either a numeric or textual object identifier. OPTIONS
-D[TOKEN[,...]] Turn on debugging output for the given TOKEN(s). Try ALL for extremely verbose output. -h Display a brief usage message and then exit. -m MIBLIST Specifies a colon separated list of MIB modules to load for this application. This overrides the environment variable MIBS. The special keyword ALL is used to specify all modules in all directories when searching for MIB files. Every file whose name does not begin with "." will be parsed as if it were a MIB file. -M DIRLIST Specifies a colon separated list of directories to search for MIBs. This overrides the environment variable MIBDIRS. -T TRANSOPTS Provides control over the translation of the OID values. The following TRANSOPTS are available: -Td Print full details of the specified OID. -Tp Print a graphical tree, rooted at the specified OID. -Ta Dump the loaded MIB in a trivial form. -Tl Dump a labeled form of all objects. -To Dump a numeric form of all objects. -Ts Dump a symbolic form of all objects. -Tt Dump a tree form of the loaded MIBs (mostly useful for debugging). -Tz Dump a numeric and labeled form of all objects (compatible with MIB2SCHEMA format). -V Display version information for the application and then exit. -w WIDTH Specifies the width of -Tp and -Td output. The default is very large. In addition to the above options, snmptranslate takes the OID input (-I), MIB parsing (-M) and OID output (-O) options described in the INPUT OPTIONS, MIB PARSING OPTIONS and OUTPUT OPTIONS sections of the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLES
o snmptranslate -On -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDescr" to a more qualified form: system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Onf -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" to: .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Td -OS system.sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" into: SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr sysDescr OBJECT-TYPE -- FROM SNMPv2-MIB -- TEXTUAL CONVENTION DisplayString SYNTAX OCTET STRING (0..255) DISPLAY-HINT "255a" MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A textual description of the entity. This value should include the full name and version identification of the system's hardware type, software operating-system, and networking software." ::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) mgmt(2) mib-2(1) system(1) 1 } o snmptranslate -Tp -OS system will print the following tree: +--system(1) | +-- -R-- String sysDescr(1) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- ObjID sysObjectID(2) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysUpTime(3) +-- -RW- String sysContact(4) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysName(5) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysLocation(6) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- Integer sysServices(7) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORLastChange(8) | Textual Convention: TimeStamp | +--sysORTable(9) | +--sysOREntry(1) | +-- ---- Integer sysORIndex(1) +-- -R-- ObjID sysORID(2) +-- -R-- String sysORDescr(3) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORUpTime(4) Textual Convention: TimeStamp o snmptranslate -Ta | head will produce the following dump: dump DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN org ::= { iso 3 } dod ::= { org 6 } internet ::= { dod 1 } directory ::= { internet 1 } mgmt ::= { internet 2 } experimental ::= { internet 3 } private ::= { internet 4 } security ::= { internet 5 } snmpV2 ::= { internet 6 } o snmptranslate -Tl | head will produce the following dump: .iso(1).org(3) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).directory(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysDescr(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysObjectID(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysUpTime(3) o snmptranslate -To | head will produce the following dump .1.3 .1.3.6 .1.3.6.1 .1.3.6.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 o snmptranslate -Ts | head will produce the following dump .iso.org .iso.org.dod .iso.org.dod.internet .iso.org.dod.internet.directory .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysObjectID .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime o snmptranslate -Tt | head will produce the following dump org(3) type=0 dod(6) type=0 internet(1) type=0 directory(1) type=0 mgmt(2) type=0 mib-2(1) type=0 system(1) type=0 sysDescr(1) type=2 tc=4 hint=255a sysObjectID(2) type=1 sysUpTime(3) type=8 SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), variables(5), RFC 2578-2580. V5.6 20 Jul 2010 SNMPTRANSLATE(1)