Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut first column from file in Vi(Vim) Post 302783319 by anbu23 on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 09:18:57 AM
Old 03-20-2013
Code:
:1,$ s/|.*//
:w output_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the third column from a file

I have a text file which has the following data. There can be more lines in the file. But, I am only interested in these two lines which has ~ZZ~VISTN and ~ZZ~F159B segments. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut column

I have a file as below, $vi myfile aaa;20071217 bbb;20070404 ccc;20070254 " if I want to cut the column 9-12 of the first line , the output should be 1217 , can advise how to write a script to get the result ? thx p.s. can a script that have only ONE line could do that ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To cut entire column from a file and apend it to another file as another column

file1.txt : india pakistan bangladesh japan canada africa USA srilanka Nepal file2.txt Delhi Tokyo washington I have to cut the first column of file1.txt and apend it with file2.txt as another column like this Delhi india Tokyo japan washington USA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the first row first column value

Hi All, file create2.txt contains . /test.txt ./create.txt ./test2.txt test.txt contains inb-1|kuuhsdkjfhsd|djshfjksd|ndsbs896 inb-2|kuuhsdkjfhsd|djshfjksd|ndsbs896 inb-3|kuuhsdkjfhsd|djshfjksd|ndsbs896create.txt contains abv-1|kjsdgfjksd|sdkjbfhokjsd|skjdbfhjkosd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adaleru
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the last column from the link

Hi, I need to cut the last of below link lrwxrwxrwx 1 e027025 denccefs 36 Oct 21 02:30 prodcode1 -> /efare1/LINUXMTP-4/HOTFIX111019A_5U4/ after cut I need this value HOTFIX111019A_5U4 Please help me. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut from a text file based on value of a specific column?

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file from which I want to cut out specific columns. If the second column equals one, I want to cut out columns 1 and 5 and 6. If the second column equals two, I want to cut out columns 1 and 5 and 7. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column using awk or CUT

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Please someone help me to resolve this issue. Source column1 column2 column3 column4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut the two column from non delimited file

Hi, I have a question how to cut the column from non delimited file This is my file gene_id ENSG00000223972 transcript_id ENST00000456328 exon_number 1 gene_biotype pseudogene gene_name DDX11L1 transcript_name DDX11L1-002 tss_id TSS26614 gene_id ENSG00000223972 transcript_id ENST00000515242... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wan Fahmi
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut specific column from 2 file and merge

Hi ALL, I have two file. I need to combine these two file based on a layout. I used the below code and able to extract the record. But now able to insert that to a 3'rd file in between the extract FILE 1 CAID NUMBER 1-20 TID NUMBER 21-22 LABEL CHAR 23-44 BASE 45-60... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)