Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Send message from AIX UNIX server Post 302783213 by zaxxon on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 06:17:15 AM
Old 03-20-2013
Check/ask your SMS Gateway provider?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send message from Unix to PC

What is the best way to send message from Unix script to PC users connected to the box ? I tried "smbclient -M <machine>" but doesn't work. I prefer not to use Samba. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnagaya
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

6. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Text message from unix to windows

Hi Buddies, I have a unix client and want to send a message (containg some data) to a windows Database server to query from it and return the result. I shall be so thankfull if you help me out.:b::) Warm Regards, Jessi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessica-adams
1 Replies

8. AIX

send mail configuration in AIX server

Hi All, How to configure sendmail service in AIX server ? Please tell me what all changes has to be made in sendmail.conf file. Please help in this issue to configure it. Thanks jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack00423
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

10. AIX

Send a file from AIX to PCOMM server

Hi folks, I am having an issue here.Currently, my system sends a file from AIX using CICS program to mainframe . However, Now I need to send file from AIX using CICS program or any other alternative to PCOMM server. Can anyone enlighten me !! Rgds, Targetshell (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
4 Replies
SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)

NAME
SMS::Send::Driver - Base class for SMS::Send drivers DESCRIPTION
The "SMS::Send::Driver" class provides an abstract base class for all SMS::Send driver classes. At this time it does not provide any implementation code for drivers (although this may change in the future) with the exception of some methods provided to trigger "does not implement method" errors. However, it does serve as something you should sub-class your driver from to identify it as a SMS::Send driver. Please note that if your driver class not not return true for "$driver-"isa('SMS::Send::Driver')> then the SMS::Send constructor will refuse to use your class as a driver. METHODS
new The "new" constructor is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of arbitrary paired params. The values of these params are assumed to be driver-specific (this is expected to change). If your driver will need to login to some system, locate hardware, or do some other form of initialisation to validate the SMS delivery mechanism exists, it should do so in "new". Should return a new SMS::Send::Driver-subclass object, or die on error. send_sms The "send_sms" method is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of param pairs as documented in SMS::Send. Should return true for either success or fire-and-forget with unknown result, defined-but-false ('' or 0) for a failed message send, or die on a fatal error. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)