Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Word counting perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Word counting perl script Post 302783087 by anbu23 on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 01:56:40 AM
Old 03-20-2013
Using wc command
Code:
wc -c *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script assistance; paste word into external command

I'm attempting to create a Perl script that will: Take the contents of the usernames.tmp file (usernames.tmp is created from an awk one-liner ran against /etc/passwd) Take one line at a time and pass it to the su command as a users name. This should go on until there is no more name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
10 Replies

2. Linux

option of grep for counting exact word ??

Hi All, I have a quary regarding grep command in linux. I have a file which contains 56677 56677 +56677 +56677 56677 56677 56677 I want to extract total count of "56677" When I hit the following command #cat filename | grep -w -c '56677' the result comes 7. Its counting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting the occurence of a word

In a file I have to count a particular word. like i need apache how many times. I tried this $ tr "\011" "\012\012"<foo1 | tr -cd "" |sort\uniq -c but I got result like this 32 apache 18 dns 12 doctor Please sugest me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Counting a particular word per line

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH - Counting word occurrences in a Web Page

Hi all, I have to do a script bash (for university) that counts all word occurrences in a specific web page. anyone can help me?. Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piacentero
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract a word from the file

Hi everyone, I'm a perl newbie and need your help to extract a word inside the list of files with same pattern. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ns2:mycode xmlns:ns2="http://www.abcd.com/pqrs/acfSchema-2007a.xsd"> <id>10</id> <name>PaymentServices</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word-counting and substitution with awk

Hi!! I am trying to write a program which allows me to count how many times I used the same word in a text: {$0 = tolower ($0) gsub (/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word in freq) printf "%s\t%d\n", word, freq It seems work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ettore8888
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting Word Appearance

How do you write a script that counts the number of times a word appears in a file and output it? Original: ID1 SMARCB1;Adil;Jon ID2 Jon;Annie;Mei ID3 Adil;Spaghetti;NBA ID4 Raptors;wethenorth;SMARCB1 ID5 SMARCB1;wethenorth Objective: SMARCB1: 3 Adil: 2 Jon: 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lipidil
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)