Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format 'ps' command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format 'ps' command Post 302782643 by busyboy on Tuesday 19th of March 2013 08:52:30 AM
Old 03-19-2013
why grep with awk
try

Code:
ps -ef|awk '$NF ~ /ora_pmon_/ { print $NF } '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format Command

The reason I cannot install the Software Companion CD is that I have a hardrive that is 10GB. On my root slice/partition there is allocated 900MB, on my /export/home slice I have 8GB for use (these values were set by default on install). The software companion tries to install 600MB into my /opt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yestoprop69
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to format a grep command

Hello I am trying to use the grap command to locate the following phrase in a file: "file.php\tDebug: one two three" Note that \t denotes a tab (whitespace) and not the characters \ and t I am encountering the following 2 problems: 1) there is a perido between "file" and "php" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasongr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command format display

Hi I have 3 files $ ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 SANITY_TEST -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 Success 123333 -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 Success 123333 (1) I need to see this "SANITY_TEST" "Success 123333" "Success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command format ?

Can some body tell me the meaning of '$1=$1' in the following syntax. nawk -v RS='' -v OFS=',' '$1=$1' myFile.txt Thanks, Mahesh :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Date format of ll command

Hi, Unix: HP-UNIX. I have a requirement(part of my requirement) to get latest file modification date of all files(In a particular directory). Using ll comand i m able to find out the modification date but not in the required format My command and out put: echo trp_pb.sql `ll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyadash
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

format a read command

I have a read command like this: print "enter the time to recover to: \n" print "please use the format dd-mon-rrrr hh24:mi:ss" read -n $dbtime How do I format/check the read command to force the desired date/time format I want? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change date format in 'last' command?

hi.. i am new to here. can anybody tell me how can we change the date format in the 'last' command. EX- on running last command i am getting -- rruat pts/12 172.18.40.101 Tue May 3 12:59 still logged in rruat pts/10 blr2-3f-239.asco Tue May 3 12:59 - 13:09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output of command?

Hi how do you change the format of the output of ls -lt -c -R $HOME | sed /^total/d From: /home/pikamon/Desktop: -rwxr-xr-x 1 pikamon pikamon 35 Sep 18 14:25 fileModified.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 pikamon pikamon 87 Sep 18 14:25 fileModified.sh~ /home/darksky21/Downloads: -rwxrw-rw- 1 pikamon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pikamon
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command format

Hi, I need to convert a date format "August 12, 2013 9:40:00 PM CDT" in to DD/MM formant For example ..I am using ... date -d "January10, 2013 04:05:00 AM CST" +%m/%d which gives me... 01/10 However, when i'am using it against every month it is throwing errors on some months as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command for date format

hi all, i had a requirement in my script iam passing the parameter like (its not the system date iam passing as argument like it can be any date) 2014-08-25 but in my output file it should be 08/25/2014 please guide me thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)