Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract IP from logs and
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract IP from logs and Post 302782599 by Klashxx on Tuesday 19th of March 2013 06:47:26 AM
Old 03-19-2013
It's pretty straightforward to add the file writting:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import re
import sys
from datetime import datetime 
import time
strptime = lambda date_string, format: datetime(*(time.strptime(date_string, format)[0:6]))

try:
   f = open('./a.txt', 'r')
   out_fic=f.read()
   f.close()
except IOError:
   print "File error"
   sys.exit(5)

FMT = '%b %d, %Y %H:%M:%S %p'
pat='^(.+\s+(AM|PM)).+login:(\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+):'
seek_p=re.compile(pat,re.MULTILINE)

res_h={}
res_f={}
for match_p in seek_p.findall(out_fic):
   time_p=match_p[0]
   ip_p=match_p[2]
   try:
      last=res_h[ip_p]
      res_h[ip_p]=time_p
      delta=strptime(time_p,FMT) - strptime(last,FMT)
      delta_segs=delta.seconds 
      if delta_segs <= 4 : 
          res_f[ip_p]=True
   except KeyError:
      res_h[ip_p]=time_p
      res_f[ip_p]=False

human = open('./b.out','w')
not_human = open('./c.out','w')

for ip in res_f: 
    if res_f[ip]:
        not_human.write('%s\n' % ip)
    else:
        human.write('%s\n' % ip)

human.close()
not_human.close()
sys.exit(0)

This User Gave Thanks to Klashxx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logs

can i include this command into my crontab file > /var/adm/wtmp to clear the contents on a regular basis ? what about file permissions ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs

Hey Guys, i am new into shell programming and i have to do one script which have to record all the commands entered by a specific user. Example of that, i have a system running on unix, several users are using this system, i have to create like a databse which will record every user entered that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logs

Hy, I have a question I have a directory in a unix server, Some of my files have a diffrent access time, from the time i accessed them last, I think some one has copied it,it's not an important file,but none the less,it is my file,It mistakenly had a 777 permission( yes ,I know it is a noob's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lordmod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to extract distinct logs from a Log File

Hi, I urgently need some help how to extract distinct entries from a Log file. The Log File may have same error occuring many times so how do i count the occurance of an error in file and also extract out distinct errors in a file. Eg:- I have a file name A.log it contains entries as below:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract application logs through shell script in performance testing

Hi Experts, I am new to shell.How to extract logs (Web,APP,Database) using shell in performance testing? Need for webserver logs,app server logs and d/b logs code. Thanks in advance Sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract last 24 hrs logs from cronlog

Hi Friends, Can anybody help me to create a perl script to generate log file for last 24 hrs from cron log file ?? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamji.vm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract logs between the current time and the last 15 minutes ?

I want to extract the logs between the current time stamp and 15 minutes before and sent an email to the people configured. I developed the below script but it's not working properly; can someone help me?? I have a log file containing this pattern: Constructor QuartzJob ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
true(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 true(3pm)

NAME
true - automatically return a true value when a file is required SYNOPSIS
package Contemporary::Perl; use strict; use warnings; use true; sub import { strict->import(); warnings->import(); true->import(); } DESCRIPTION
Perl's "require" builtin (and its "use" wrapper) requires the files it loads to return a true value. This is usually accomplished by placing a single 1; statement at the end of included scripts or modules. It's not onerous to add but it's a speed bump on the Perl novice's road to enlightenment. In addition, it appears to be a non-sequitur to the uninitiated, leading some to attempt to mitigate its appearance with a comment: 1; # keep require happy or: 1; # Do not remove this line or even: 1; # Must end with this, because Perl is bogus. This module packages this "return true" behaviour so that it need not be written explicitly. It can be used directly, but it is intended to be invoked from the "import" method of a Modern::Perl-style module that enables modern Perl features and conveniences and cleans up legacy Perl warts. METHODS "true" is file-scoped rather than lexically-scoped. Importing it anywhere in a file (e.g. at the top-level or in a nested scope) causes that file to return true, and unimporting it anywhere in a file restores the default behaviour. Redundant imports/unimports are ignored. import Enable the "automatically return true" behaviour for the currently-compiling file. This should typically be invoked from the "import" method of a module that loads "true". Code that uses this module solely on behalf of its callers can load "true" without importing it e.g. use true (); # don't import sub import { true->import(); } 1; But there's nothing stopping a wrapper module also importing "true" to obviate its own need to explicitly return a true value: use true; # both load and import it sub import { true->import(); } # no need to return true unimport Disable the "automatically return true" behaviour for the currently-compiling file. EXPORT None by default. NOTES
Because some versions of YAML::XS may interpret the key of "true" as a boolean, you may have trouble declaring a dependency on true.pm. You can work around this by declaring a dependency on the package true::VERSION, which has the same version as true.pm. SEE ALSO
o latest o Modern::Perl o nonsense o perl5i o Toolkit o uni::perl AUTHOR
chocolateboy, <chocolate@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 by chocolateboy This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2011-04-18 true(3pm)