Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to create a link in /etc/rc3.d in Solaris 10 Post 302782567 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 19th of March 2013 05:56:01 AM
Old 03-19-2013
Code:
echo /etc/init.d/ingres* S82ingres

?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Symbolic Link

I am Solaris korn shell. I want to create a symbolic link. I have a directory /u01/ftp01/db I want to reference it as /u05/swe/my (this is not a real directory) I tried a symbolic link but it does not work ln -s /u01/ftp01/db /u05/swe/my ln: cannot create //u05/swe/my: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create symbolic link between folders.....

hi champs, i have folders structure up to log is there , which is as below, app | |---version-4.1 | |----bin | | | | | |-----a.sh | | |-----b.sh | | | |----log | | \---version (symbolic link to version-4.1) but i want to create another folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Create sym-link into /dev (zone)

Hi i need to install a software into a zone, and this kind of software needs to have a file who is linked into /dev. But it is not possible to create a link into /dev nor create a file into it. -bash-3.00# ln -s /tmp/testfile /dev/ ln: cannot create /dev//testfile: Permission denied... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Create mailto: link

Help! I am using sed to convert text files into easily viewed html tables. I have managed all except converting the email addresses to mailto: links. Multiple email addresses exist within the files, either preceded by a space or > (as part of HTML tag), and followed by either space or < I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigel_R
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Create a Link for a directory

Hi, I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Regards, VN (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot create a link with the same name

Hi - Our system admin cannot create a link to NAS with one particular name but he can create with other names. What might be the cause? Regards ---------- Post updated at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:29 AM ---------- It says permission denied. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)