Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Lpstat: Bad Request Error in Linux Post 302782491 by Mohammed Faiz on Tuesday 19th of March 2013 03:03:10 AM
Old 03-19-2013
Dear Expert,

Please let me know, how can i enable the GUI mode for printers...do i need to uninstall the cups? please update the action plan.

Thank you,
Faiz.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

I screwed up linux really bad...

Hey, I definately screwed up my libraries, but I am not sure how. I get this error: /bin/sh: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libdl.so.2 symbol _rtld_global_ro, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference when I try to even login. I cannot even get to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhan00
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I screwed up linux bad

Hey, I definately screwed up my libraries, but I am not sure how. I get this error: /bin/sh: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libdl.so.2 symbol _rtld_global_ro, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference when I try to even login. I cannot even get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farhan00
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Http request in Linux

Hi, i need a guide how to write a script which i can do a http request. Let say the request look like below; http://www.test.com?txid=1&type=service&server=linux I have a list of "txid" (in *.txt) and need to run all "txid" acordingly. So that mean, every transaction i have to refer "txid"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
7 Replies

5. Solaris

lpstat gives segmentation coredump error

hi everyone, we have solaris 8 in sun v480 server. it gives this error. Segmentation Fault(coredump) can anyone help me in this - urgently. Regards Karthik C (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cksriramchandra
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP! what does this mean: "svc: bad direction 256, dropping request"

For a few weeks now, on several of our machines, i've been seeing this in /var/log/messages and dmesg: Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256, dropping request Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: short len 4, dropping request Nov 14 16:38:02 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Unable to connect only when using wget with 400 bad request error

Hi I have a proxy configured on my ubuntu o.s. running on vmware player, but when trying to wgetDownload Nagios Core from SourceForge.net, I have the following error: failed: Connection refused I have check on the web, they ask me to run sudo ufw status, but the output is enabled, so what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)