Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error line number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error line number Post 302782037 by panyam on Monday 18th of March 2013 07:53:27 AM
Old 03-18-2013
Code:
use "cut" command

This User Gave Thanks to panyam For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds.

Hi, I am trying to set up a cron job for every Friday at 6:00 p.m. and got an error: "/var/tmp/aaaa29638" 1 line, 73 characters 00 18 00 0 5 /app/test/backup.ksh crontab: error on previous line; number out of bounds. Any ideas? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line number to each line and getting total number of lines

Hello, I need help in appending the line number of each line to the file and also to get the total number of lines. Can somebody please help me. I have a file say: abc def ccc ddd ffff The output should be: Instance1=abc Instance2=def Instance3=ccc Instance4=ddd Instance5=ffff ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a columnfrom a specifit line number to a specific line number

Hi, I have a huge file & I want to add a specific text in column. But I want to add this text from a specific line number to a specific line number & another text in to another range of line numbers. To be more specific: lets say my file has 1000 lines & 4 Columns. I want to add text "Hello"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the data from line number 1 to line number 100 of a file

Hi Everybody, I am trying to write a script that will get some perticuler data from a file and redirect to a file. My Question is, I have a Very huge file,In that file I have my required data is started from 25th line and it will ends in 100th line. I know the line numbers, I need to get all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to trap script error and return line number of failure

Hey all UNIX nerds- I've built a shell script which runs pretty well- only I want it to have much better error trapping. (Like the kind I could apply to every shell script I write). I'm not a UNIX genius, and could really use a bit of help. The original script goes something like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevekerver
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write $line number into textfile and read from line number

Hello everyone, I don't really know anything about scripting, but I have to manage to make this script, out of necessity. #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do #I'm reading from a big wordlist instructions using $line done Is there a way to automatically write the $line number the script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut from specific line number to a line number

Hi All, I've a file like this.. Sheet1 a,1 a,2 a,3 a,4 a,5 Sheet2 a,6 a,7 a,8 a,9 a,10 Sheet3 a,11 a,12 a,13 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error from cshrc, but not showing line number

Hi, I have been using ksh till now but was forced to use tcsh from last few days. I am getting a gvimrc error which says "set: Syntax error". What makes this pesky is that it is not showing which line number is the error from. How do I get the line number of the error? Also, I am using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishikpillai90
11 Replies
dhv(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    dhv(4)

Name
       dhv - DHV11 communications interface

Syntax
       device dhu0 at uba0 csr 0160440 flags 0x?? vector dhurint dhuxint

Description
       A  DHV11 provides eight communication lines with partial modem control, adequate for UNIX dialup use.  Each line attached to the DHV11 com-
       munications interface behaves as described in and can be set to run at any of 16 speeds.  See for the encoding.

Bit i of flags may be specified for a DHV to say that a line is not properly connected and that the line should be  treated  as	hardwired,
       with  carrier  always  present.	 Thus, specifying ``flags 0x04'' in the specification of dhu0 would cause line tty02 to be treated in this
       way.

The driver normally interrupts on each input character.	The and devices operate under the control of the driver.

Diagnostics
       dhu%d: receive fifo overflow
       The character input fifo overflowed before it could be serviced.  This can happen if a hard error occurs when the CPU is running with  ele-
       vated  priority, as the system will then print a message on the console with interrupts disabled.  This can cause a few input characters to
       be lost to users.  It is not serious.

dhu%d:%d DMA ERROR
       A DMA transfer error has occurred.  The unit number and line number are printed.  This means that  the  channel	indicated  has	failed	to
       transfer  DMA data within 10.7 microseconds of the bus request being acknowledged or that there is a memory parity error.  This may cause a
       few output characters to be lost.

dhu%d: DIAG. FAILURE
       This indicates that the internal diagnostics have detected an error.

dhu%d: DHU HARDWARE ERROR.  TX.DMA.START failed
       The failed to clear the start bit.  Normally, this is cleared to signal that a DMA transfer has completed.

Files
       Dialups

See Also
       tty(4), MAKEDEV(8)

dhv(4)