Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 24 bit graphics for Ultra 10? Post 302781875 by Michele31416 on Monday 18th of March 2013 01:39:07 AM
Old 03-18-2013
"My understanding is the a XVR-100 will do 1600x1200x24 so I would be tempted to buy a used one off ebay for US$40 unless I needed to do more than that."

It will, but only analog, not digital. I find digital images a lot sharper than analog. The 100 only supports up to 1280x1024 through its DVI port. And apparently, not all 100's support the console through the DVI port. You apparently have to go to the XVR-600 to get a DVI port that will do 1600x1200x24 DVI. The 300 will do that resolution too, but it uses a DMS-59 port, so I'd need an adapter.

I found Sparc drivers for the 100 and 300 on opensolaris.org but not the 600. They're all reasonably priced, so my best bet might be the 300. I know I can get a DMS-59 to DVI adapter - I'm still looking for XVR-600 drivers. O the other hand, I found a reference that the 600 works with the Ultra 10 but have not found anything about the 300 working with it. What a mess.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
DVITYPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							DVITYPE(1)

NAME
dvitype - translate a dvi file for humans SYNOPSIS
dvitype dvi_name[.dvi] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The dvitype program translates a DVI (DeVice Independent) file output by (for example) tex(1) or gftodvi(1), to a file that humans can read. It also serves as a DVI file-validating program (i.e., if dvitype can read it, it's correct) and as an example of a DVI-reading pro- gram for future device drivers. The output file can include all commands, just the important ones, or none at all (in which case only errors are reported). A subinterval of pages may be selected for transliteration; the magnification and resolution of the ``output device'' may be changed; and so on. All options are specified with an on-line dialog. The .dvi extension is supplied if omitted from dvi_name. The output goes to stdout. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable TEXFONTS is used to search for the TFM files used in the DVI file. See tex(1) for the details of the searching. If TEXFONTS is not set, it uses the system default. SEE ALSO
gftype(1), pktype(1). Donald E. Knuth, TeXware. BUGS
The interactive dialog should be replaced by command-line options, as with gftype. AUTHORS
Donald E. Knuth wrote the program. It was published as part of the TeXware technical report, available from the TeX Users Group. Howard Trickey and Pavel Curtis originally ported it to Unix. Web2C 7.3.1 19 December 1994 DVITYPE(1)