Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Autosys Chase Error
Operating Systems Linux Autosys Chase Error Post 302781805 by lokeshkumar C on Sunday 17th of March 2013 07:11:36 PM
Old 03-17-2013
Autosys Chase Error

Hi All,

We use Autosys to schedule and report job which runs in UNIX machine. Most of the job runs fine. But we have problem with one of the file watcher job . The Job is defined to run from 2nd to 10th Business day of every month starting 06:00 PT to 17:00 PT. It watches for a file in a directory. It's in running state for a long time then suddenly the job fails with chase error.

Chase error being remote agent not available in the machine. Can you please tell me how to trap this issue and avoid it.

This job is running in the same machine where rest of the jobs are running fine.

Thanks,
Lokesh Kumar C

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Error

Hi All, I am working for all the days to find out the error . Checked in Google as well . No hope .. I am getting the below error ALARM: EVENT_HDLR_ERROR JOB When i run a job in AUTOSYS . After that the total queue is blocked . Can any one please let me know what this error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty: : Not a typewriter with AUTOSYS error

(sys10:pt:/pf>) cat 122974qqq.s RUNAS Version 2007.10.07 Run on Dec 11 2008 10:09:36 AM UNIX Process: 26021 Login User : root PFW User : s08280 Not a terminal stty: : Not a typewriter stty: : Not a typewriter ksh: jil: not found ksh: sendevent: not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job error file not created

Hi All Something really weird happened, I have an autosys job: insert_job: CAT_LDN_BaseCorrs job_type: c command: $$(LDNFIRC)\CAT_LDN_BaseCorrs.bat -modeldate $$MODEL_DATE -cutdate $$CUT_DATE permission: gx, mx, wx description: "Rerun=0;625;#CAT_Autosys" std_out_file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evilsmile2004
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys R11.3 : Error on log file size limit

Just had a migration from Autosys 4.5 to R11.3. After the migration to R11.3, Autosys jobs have been failing when the log file reaches a size of 800 MB. This did not happen before the migration, when Autosys 4.5 was used. Is there a way to configure the file size limit/cap in Autosys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimo222
1 Replies
QSTAT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  QSTAT(1)

NAME
qstat - display job/partition information in a familiar pbs format SYNOPSIS
qstat [-f] [-a|-i|-r] [-n [-1]] [-G|-M] [-u user_list] [-? | --help] [--man] [job_id...] qstat -Q [-f] qstat -q DESCRIPTION
The qstat command displays information about jobs. OPTIONS
-a Displays all jobs in a single-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -i Displays information about idle jobs. This includes jobs which are queued or held. -f Displays the full information for each selected job in a multi-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -G Display size information in gigabytes. -M Show size information, disk or memory in mega-words. A word is considered to be 8 bytes. -n Displays nodes allocated to a job in addition to the basic information. -1 In combination with -n, the -1 option puts all of the nodes on the same line as the job id. -r Displays information about running jobs. This includes jobs which are running or suspended. -u user_list Display job information for all jobs owned by the specified user(s). The format of user_list is: user_name[,user_name...]. -? | --help brief help message --man full documentation STANDARD OUTPUT
Displaying Job Status If the -a, -i, -f, -r, -u, -n, -G, and -M options are not specified, the brief single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job name the job owner the cpu time used the job state C - Job is completed after having run E - Job is exiting after having run. H - Job is held. Q - job is queued, eligible to run or routed. R - job is running. T - job is being moved to new location. W - job is waiting for its execution time (-a option) to be reached. S - job is suspended. the queue that the job is in If the -f option is specified, the multi-line display format is used. The output for each job consists of the header line: Job Id: job identifier followed by one line per job attribute of the form: attribute_name = value If any of the options -a, -i, -r, -u, -n, -G or -M are specified, the normal single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job owner the queue the job is in the job name the session id (if the job is running) the number of nodes requested by the job the number of cpus or tasks requested by the job the amount of memory requested by the job either the cpu time, if specified, or wall time requested by the job, (in hh:mm) the job state The amount of cpu time or wall time used by the job (in hh:mm) EXIT STATUS
On success, qstat will exit with a value of zero. On failure, qstat will exit with a value greater than zero. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 QSTAT(1)