Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 24 bit graphics for Ultra 10? Post 302781747 by hicksd8 on Sunday 17th of March 2013 03:47:08 PM
Old 03-17-2013
Yes, these series of graphics card were OEM'd by Sun (really Radeon) and therefore appear on the Sun HAL. I've not heard of any other than the XVR-100 going in an Ultra 10 but that doesn't mean they won't.

My interpretion of "degraded performance" is that PCI bus speeds increased over time and the later Radeon cards can be clocked faster but the Ultra 10 can't clock the card at the rate that it's capable of, but it still works.

My understanding is the a XVR-100 will do 1600x1200x24 so I would be tempted to buy a used one off ebay for US$40 unless I needed to do more than that.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ATI(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    ATI(4)

NAME
ati - ATI video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "ati" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
ati is an Xorg wrapper driver for ATI video cards. It autodetects whether your hardware has a Radeon, Rage 128, or Mach64 or earlier class of chipset, and loads the radeon(4), r128(4), or mach64 driver as appropriate. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The ati driver supports Radeon, Rage 128, and Mach64 and earlier chipsets by loading those drivers. See those manpages for specific cards supported. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details, and the specific card driver for driver configuration details. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), r128(4), radeon(4) AUTHORS
See the individual driver pages for authors. X Version 11 xf86-video-ati 6.14.99 ATI(4)