Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fighting useless use of cat
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Fighting useless use of cat Post 302781741 by Corona688 on Sunday 17th of March 2013 03:41:42 PM
Old 03-17-2013
It's done like this:

Code:
while read lone
do
done < inputfile

Blindly editing code with sed is an even more dangerous idea than UUOC.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useless command

Hi, I came across with this line "set -x" in the beginning of a script, but i can't find one logic reason for this... should be something else after, i think.... anyone can help? tanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabresto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useless Cat usage

cat ~/text.xt | while read line do echo ${line} | perl -pe 's/(\d+)/localtime($1)/e' done how can i efficiently re-code the above? also, no matter how i run this, i'm not getting the current/correct date. the contents of the "text.xt" looks like this: SERVICES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Quest for the most useless command

I wrote by accident: cd . and even hit ENTER. Then I realized this is probably the most useless command that you can imagine. Yes, perhaps it could assert that there is still a working filesystem, but I am not sure about it. What do you think? Can you think of any more useless commands? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
6 Replies
TCA_CORRECT(1)							       HUGIN							    TCA_CORRECT(1)

NAME
tca_correct - Calculate transverse chromatic aberration SYNOPSIS
tca_correct [options] inputfile <inputfile> is the base name of 4 image files: <inputfile> Colour file to compute TCA parameters red_<inputfile> Red channel of <inputfile> green_<inputfile> Green channel of <inputfile> blue_<inputfile> Blue channel of <inputfile> The channel images must be colour images with 3 identical channels. If any of -R, -G, or -B is given, this file name is used instead of the derived name. Output: commandline arguments for fulla DESCRIPTION
Generates fulla command-line parameters for correction of transverse chromatic aberration (TCA) from sample photos. Ideal sample photos would have a lot of contrast over the entire image area, little saturated colour and no blown highlights. OPTIONS
-h Display help -l input file is PTO file instead of image -m method optimization method (0 normal, 1 newfit) -o optvars string of variables to optimize ("abcvde") -r Reset values (this will zero a,b,c,d,e params and set v to 10) makes sense only with -l option -s <scale> Scale for corner detection -n <number> number of points per grid cell (default: 10) -g <number> divide image in <number>x<number> grid cells (default: 10) -t num Remove all control points with an error higher than num pixels (default: 1.5) -v Verbose -w filename write PTO file -R <r> Use this file as red channel -G <g> Use this file as green channel -B <b> Use this file as blue channel AUTHORS
Written by Pablo d'Angelo and others. "Version: 2011.4.0" 2011-12-02 TCA_CORRECT(1)