Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 24 bit graphics for Ultra 10? Post 302781623 by hicksd8 on Sunday 17th of March 2013 09:42:59 AM
Old 03-17-2013
What you are looking for is Sun XVR-100. This is really a Radeon PCI 7000 with a Sun specific flash. You could also research the XVR-200 and XVR-500 but I'm not sure they're support in the Ultra10. The XVR-100 drivers are on the Solaris 10 CD#1.

People sell these on e-bay cheap as chips so worth a shot.

Hope that helps.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
Tk_GetGC(3tk)						       Tk Library Procedures						     Tk_GetGC(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetGC, Tk_FreeGC - maintain database of read-only graphics contexts SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> GC Tk_GetGC(tkwin, valueMask, valuePtr) Tk_FreeGC(display, gc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the graphics context will be used. unsigned long valueMask (in) Mask of bits (such as GCForeground or GCStipple) indicating which fields of *valuePtr are valid. XGCValues *valuePtr (in) Pointer to structure describing the desired values for the graphics context. Display *display (in) Display for which gc was allocated. GC gc (in) X identifier for graphics context that is no longer needed. Must have been allocated by Tk_GetGC. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetGC and Tk_FreeGC manage a collection of graphics contexts being used by an application. The procedures allow graphics contexts to be shared, thereby avoiding the server overhead that would be incurred if a separate GC were created for each use. Tk_GetGC takes arguments describing the desired graphics context and returns an X identifier for a GC that fits the description. The graphics context that is returned will have default values in all of the fields not specified explicitly by valueMask and valuePtr. Tk_GetGC maintains a database of all the graphics contexts it has created. Whenever possible, a call to Tk_GetGC will return an existing graphics context rather than creating a new one. This approach can substantially reduce server overhead, so Tk_GetGC should generally be used in preference to the Xlib procedure XCreateGC, which creates a new graphics context on each call. Since the return values of Tk_GetGC are shared, callers should never modify the graphics contexts returned by Tk_GetGC. If a graphics con- text must be modified dynamically, then it should be created by calling XCreateGC instead of Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer needed, Tk_FreeGC should be called to release it. There should be exactly one call to Tk_FreeGC for each call to Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer in use anywhere (i.e. it has been freed as many times as it has been gotten) Tk_FreeGC will release it to the X server and delete it from the database. KEYWORDS
graphics context Tk Tk_GetGC(3tk)