Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate file and Upload to SFTP server. Post 302781495 by Showdown on Saturday 16th of March 2013 05:43:43 PM
Old 03-16-2013
Hi DGPickett,

I tried the fuser. but it didn't display any pid for the file while that file generation is still in progress by an oracle instance....

Thanks for your support. And can u please tell me abt the magic string u mentioned as i am a newbie to scripting...Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stuck in perl cgi to upload a file to server

hi, i m working on a perl cgi script which uploads a file to the server. i m stuck. i hav written the errors. plz help. Sachin Kaw ______________________________________________________________________ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI; use CGI qw(:standard); use strict; use POSIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin_kaw
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload excel file contents to server

Hi I have an excel file with only 5 rows .I want to uplaod those 5 rows to a database using a shell script.Is this possible.If so where do i start. Thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magikminox
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp file upload problem

Hi All, I am trying to upload a text file from HP unix to Windows tectia server using sftp, the text file shows with new line character after upload. For EG : abc.txt file contains 123 456 aftre upload it shows as 123 456 i am using sftp version 2.0 TQ, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani1312
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Write sftp through "expect" for file upload ?

Hi Experts , I am new to unix programming please tell me how to write expect and hoe to call it for automated file upload process. help me really ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

I want to upload file on remote machine in noninteractive mode through SFTP

Hi All, I want to upload file through SFTP in non interactive mode on remote server. please tell me what will have to do in oreder to do SFTP . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

8. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File upload message in SFTP

Hi, Below script is running on AIX 7.1 ( 7100-04-05-1720 version ) server. Recently OpenSSH version installed on server got updated from OpenSSH_6.0p1 to OpenSSH_7.5p1 version. After this update we do not receive any file upload message after put/mput command in SFTP. sftp -b - user@server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juggernaut
1 Replies