Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 24 bit graphics for Ultra 10? Post 302781421 by Michele31416 on Saturday 16th of March 2013 01:16:36 PM
Old 03-16-2013
Computer 24 bit graphics for Ultra 10?

I recently installed a PGX-32 graphics card on my Sparc 10 Ultra. I was under the impression that it would give me 24 bits at 1600x1200, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's 8 bits only at that res.

So does anyone know of a Sun-compatible PCI graphics card that will run on the Sparc Ultra 10 running Solaris 10 (and has drivers available) that will let me run in 1600x1200x24?

You'd think that wouldn't be hard to find, but you'd be wrong. There is a confused and confusing welter on information and misinformation out there about these cards. And every card seems to have three different names. For example, the Sun PGX-32 is really a Raptor PGX-32 but comes up as a GFX8Pand is also an m640. Foo.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
DCTOPGX(1)						DICOM PS3 - DICOM image to PGX file						DCTOPGX(1)

NAME
dctopgx - ACR/NEMA DICOM PS3 ... DICOM PS3 - DICOM image to PGX file SYNOPSIS
dctopgx [ -v|verbose ] [ -quiet|silent ] DESCRIPTION
dctopgx reads the named dicom or acr-nema input file and copies the raw image pixel data to a PGX file as used for the JPEG 2000 Verifica- tion Model. A PGX file contains of a single text header line of the form "PG <byte order> [+|-]<bit-depth> <cols> <rows> immediately by the raw binary data. There may be 1, 2 or 4 bytes per sample corresponding to bit depths from 1 to 32. Byte order is "LM" (little endian) or "ML" (big endian). The signed or unsigned pixel representation is indicated by '+' or '-' character before the bit depth. If the '+' is omitted, unsigned is implied. The input file must be unencapsulated. PGX supports big or little endian byte order in the case of > 8 bit data. The output byte order is always in the same as the input, since the raw bytes are copied from input to output without any conversion. Use dccp(1) first to change the encoding if necessary. PGX also supports signed data, so the Pixel Representation of the input is used to specify whether the output is signed or unsigned. OPTIONS
The PGX output goes where it is specified or standard out. The verbose output goes to standard error. The basic input switches are described in dcintro(1). Options specific to this program are: -quiet|silent Suppress the normal description of image parameters. -verbose Display byte offset from file start and message start, in hexadecimal, and dump contents while reading, once read, during replace- ment, and before writing. ENVIRONMENT
EXAMPLES
FILES
SEE ALSO
dccp(1), pnmtodc(1), dctopnm(1), rawtodc(1), dctoraw(1), dcintro(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993-2010. David A. Clunie DBA PixelMed Publishing. All rights reserved. BUGS
DICOM PS3 04 March 1999 DCTOPGX(1)