Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Switching between Windows and UNIX Post 302781385 by ravisingh on Saturday 16th of March 2013 10:56:29 AM
Old 03-16-2013
Switching between Windows and UNIX

I have both UNIX and Windows on my system. While booting it asks for me to select an OS. Once I log in to an OS, then to log in to another OS, there is no direct method. I need to shutdown and again start to select another OS.
May I know any method to directly switch between the two.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching shells in UNIX Scripts

Solaris Newbie here to scripting in UNIX/SOLARIS. What I am looking to do is, once the script is executed, switch to /bin/bash shell and continue to execute the script. The problem I run into is once the script switches to the Bash shell, the script stops, and does not execute the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoobiez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Kernel Switching?

How do I go about switching from one Kernel to another? I figure the process is somewhat like "compile -> remove old boot reference -> add new boot reference -> reboot/restart kernel"... but honestly I have no idea how to do this... I'm trying to test out a piece of software, but it only runs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Switching from dial-up to DSL on Windows

I have been using dial up for my internet connection for the past 6 months on Windows. Before that, I used DSL. Now, I am trying to switch back to DSL but I can't connect to internet on my Windows. there is no problem, I am sure, on the DSL connection, since I have dual-boot Linux installed and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between users on UNIX without private key (intentional)

Hello Everyone, I'm new to unix and having trouble with switching users s_user='sample_user', I need to connect to a remote server using the user "sampleuser" copy files on that remote server. However I am not allowed to add a private key to that same server nor add scripts on sampleuser's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AmazingTyagoman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching server in UNIX via shell script (SSH )

Requirement: I am writing a shell script which take some file from say Server1 and I have to execute some command on Server2 then I have to manipulate the data and based on that I have to produce report. Problem:I can schedule the shell script on only one server (Server1 or Server2) So, In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raks2301
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching from production to development envirornment in UNIX

I had a unix scripts in prod. I need to made changes in those scripts which I don't have the edit access. I need to move those scripts from prod to dev to edit. Please tell me how to switch from production to development, So that I can made changes in dev and again move those scripts to Prod. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeswararao
3 Replies
Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)

NAME
Git::Repository::Plugin::Log - Add a log() method to Git::Repository SYNOPSIS
# load the plugin use Git::Repository 'Log'; my $r = Git::Repository->new(); # get all log objects my @logs = $r->log(qw( --since=yesterday )); # get an iterator my $iter = $r->log(qw( --since=yesterday )); while ( my $log = $iter->next() ) { ...; } DESCRIPTION
This module adds a new method to "Git::Repository". METHOD
log( @args ) Run "git log" with the given arguments. In scalar context, returns a "Git::Repository::Log::Iterator" object, which can return "Git::Repository::Log" objects on demand. In list context, returns the full list "Git::Repository::Log" objects. Note that this can be very memory-intensive. See Git::Repository::Log::Iterator's documentation for details about how parameters are handled. AUTHOR
Philippe Bruhat (BooK), "<book at cpan.org>" ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many thanks to Aristotle Pagaltzis who requested a "log()" method in the first place, and for very interesting conversations on the topic. SEE ALSO
Git::Repository::Plugin, Git::Repository::Log::Iterator, Git::Repository::Log. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Philippe Bruhat (BooK). LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-28 Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)