Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Detail on For loop for multiple file input and bash variable usage Post 302781357 by Akshay Hegde on Saturday 16th of March 2013 09:39:16 AM
Old 03-16-2013
Thank you so much
My .for code looks like this...
Code:
    character*70 dat,dat1,dat2,inpfile,outfile
    integer ctd,s,b(15000)
    real var1(15000),var2(15000),var3(15000),below
    real var5,var6,e,e1,a

read(*,*)inpfile
    open(10,file=inpfile,status='old')

read(*,*)outfile
        open(11,file=outfile,status='unknown')

for each text file here I have to replace inp and outfile every time, if many files means its time consuming

if it was shell I would have done
Code:
$file  for input

Code:
$file>"out"$file for output

So I am just wondering some provision to use bash variables in place of inpfile and outfile in .for code

anyways thank you so much for your valuable reply

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash 'for loop' usage

Hi! I have a simple question about using a for loop. I'm trying to open up all the zip files in the currect directory with ark, but I am getting the error "bash: syntax error near unexpected token `for $i ; do ark $i ; done ; I looked in the info pages for bash, but I can't seem to figure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usage of same variable in multiple scripts

Hi, I have a .test file which has: #!/bin/ksh export TEST_FLAG=1 In the test1.ksh i have: #!/bin/ksh . .test echo $TEST_FLAG When i execute the test1.ksh its showing the value as 1. But if i refer the same variable in another script, the value is not 1. Basically, I need to have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a for loop that processes multiple input files

I would like to write a for loop that does the following: I have a file called X.txt and other files called 1.txt,2.txt, .....,1000.txt. I want to substitute the 6th column of the file X.txt with 1.txt and store the output as X.1. Then I want to do the same with X.txt and 2.txt and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(BASH) Using a loop variable to grep something in a file?

Hi, I have a loop running until a variable L that is read previously in the full script. I'd like to grep some information in an input file at a line that contains the value of the loop parameter $i. I've tried to use grep, but the problem is nothing is written in the FILE files. It seems grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DMini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FOR loop with multiple files as input and awk

Hi all , i want to pass multiple files as input to a for loop for i in file1 file2 file3 do some awk action < $i >> $i.out done but im getting error in that for loop is the way i use to pass files to awk using for correct and 2.we can directly pass multiple files to awk as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
7 Replies

7. AIX

Disk Usage in Detail !!

Hi ALL, I always use du command for analyzing diskusage to housekeep a filesystem. Can somebody tell the where first row filesize resides? bash-3.2# df -gt /tmp Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd3 16.50 10.01 6.49 61% /tmp bash-3.2# bash-3.2# pwd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash loop hording keypress input

I have a bash loop that waits for a single key press, then does $something depending on what $key is pressed before refreshing the screen with updated data. The problem I have is that the script will store additional key presses and chain them together causing the screen to redraw and the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkPhoenix
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with input in a bash script

I have the following while loop that I put in a script, demo.sh: while read rna; do aawork=$(echo "${rna}" | sed -n -e 's/\(...\)\1 /gp' | sed -f rna.sed) echo "$aawork" | sed 's/ //g' echo "$aawork" | tr ' ' '\012' | sort | sed '/^$/d' | uniq -c | sed 's/*\(*\) \(.*\)/\2: \... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash Variable scope - while loop while reading from a file

Cope sample1: test.sh i=0 echo " Outside loop i = $i " while do i=$(( $i + 1)) echo "Inside loop i = $i " done echo " Out of loop i is : $i " When run output : Outside loop i = 0 Inside loop i = 1 Inside loop i = 2 Inside loop i = 3 Inside loop i = 4 Inside loop i = 5 Inside... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adarshreddy01
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)