Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: conversion of matrix formats Post 302780753 by dietmar13 on Friday 15th of March 2013 04:31:24 AM
Old 03-15-2013
RudiC,

thank you - now it works perfect.

what newline does in awk is new for me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help-matrix inverse (awk)

I have few days to complete my awk homework. But I'm stucked. i hope some1 will help me out. I have to inverse n x n matrix, but I have problems with finding the determinant of the matrix. I found the algoritm, how to find a determinant of n x n matrix:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix inverse (awk)

I need to inverse a matrix given in a file. The problem is I'm stuck with writing determinant finding algoritm into code. I found this algoritm about finding determinant of nxn matrix. This is what i need: Matrices and Determinants and here: a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk matrix problem

hi there I'm very new in programing and i've started with awk. I'm processing 200 data files and I need to do some precessing on them. The files have 3 columns with N-lines for each line a have on the first and second value is the same for all the files and only the third is variable. like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philstar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab-separated file to matrix conversion

hello all, i have an input file like that A A X0 A B X1 A C X2 ... A Z Xx B A X1 B B X3 .... Z A Xx Z B X4 and i want to have an output like that A B C D A X0 X1 X2 Xy B X1 X3 X4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up a matrix using awk

Hi there, If anyone can help me sorting out this small task would be great. Given a matrix like the following: 100 3 3 3 3 3 ... 200 5 5 5 5 5 ... 400 1 1 1 1 1 ... 500 8 8 8 8 8 ... 900 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRodrigoF
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion: 3 columns into matrix

Hi guys, here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/193043-3-column-csv-correlation-matrix-awk-perl.html I found awk script converting awk '{ OFS = ";" if (t) { if (l != $1) t = t OFS $1 } else t = OFS $1 x = x ? x OFS $NF : $NF l = $1 }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grincz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rearrange a matrix with awk

Hi, every one. I have two files ,one is in matrix like this, one is a list with the same data as the matrix. AB AE AC AD AA AF SA 3 4 5 6 4 6 SC 5 7 2 8 4 3 SD 4 6 5 3 8 3 SE 45 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to parse a file with mixed formats in columns

Greetings I have a file formatted like this: rhino grey weight=1003;height=231;class=heaviest;histology=9,0,0,8 bird white weight=23;height=88;class=light;histology=7,5,1,0,0 turtle green weight=40;height=9;class=light;histology=6,0,2,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum the matrix using awk?

input A1 B1 A2 B2 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 Output label A1 B1 A2 B2 A1 2 1 1 2 B1 1 2 2 1 A2 1 2 3 2 B2 2 1 2 3 Ex: The number of times that A1 and B1 row values are both 1 should be printed as output. The last row of A1 and B1 in the input match by having 1 in both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)