Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Two mounting points merge into a Virtual HD Post 302780637 by VicoAndres on Thursday 14th of March 2013 09:24:36 PM
Old 03-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdepollo
There is a tool named "mhddfs" which supposedly supports exactly that; never tried it myself though.

It runs over fuser so -if you don't mind the performance hit- you could give it a try.
Thanks for the quick answer. I will search more about it. On the other hand I came up with the idea of doing the following:

1. Create a intermediary folder call Disk_c_virtual
2. see the mount point done automatically with "mount"
3. cd /mnt/Unify
4. do: ln -s /media/Diska/* .
ln -s /media/Diskb/*.

And seems going but dunno possible sideffects, any comment/sugesstions are very welcome.

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differentiating between Virtual and non Virtual IP addresses

Hello, I would like to know if there is a command or any configuration file to find and differentiate the Virtual IP Addresses (of the Cluster Resource Group) and the IP Address of the Cluster Node. I observe that the ifconfig -a command returns all the IP addresses configured on the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to check all virtual hostnames/virtual IP's

Hi Folks, I want to check all the virtual hostname's/IP's of a host/ip. Currently we are using HP-UX and open SuSe. Please tell me the command to list out all virtual names of a particular host. many thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai21
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with mounting a folder-Virtual Box

How do you mount a shared folder within Solaris 10 virtual machine that has been shared by Virtual Box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
MSDOSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							MSDOSFS(5)

NAME
msdosfs -- MS-DOS file system SYNOPSIS
options MSDOSFS DESCRIPTION
The msdosfs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to read and write MS-DOS based file systems. The most common usage follows: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ada0sN /mnt where N is the partition number and /mnt is a mount point. Some users tend to create a /dos directory for msdosfs mount points. This helps to keep better track of the file system, and make it more easily accessible. It is possible to define an entry in /etc/fstab that looks similar to: /dev/ada0sN /dos msdosfs rw 0 0 This will mount an MS-DOS based partition at the /dos mount point during system boot. Using /mnt as a permanent mount point is not advised as its intention has always been to be a temporary mount point for floppy and ZIP disks. See hier(7) for more information on FreeBSD direc- tory layout. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8), mount_msdosfs(8), umount(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 1, 2013 BSD