Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment Post 302780487 by DGPickett on Thursday 14th of March 2013 02:52:07 PM
Old 03-14-2013
You want an attachment and batch friendly email client like mutt. Do your reports need conversion to PDF, excel, ????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendEmail: Script and Array

I have a script that send email using sendEmail (CentOS shell) script is: sendEmail -vvv -u "TestCompany, Inc.: USB Added" -f user@domain.com -t To@domain.com -s ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com -m "USB Activity" -o tls=aut o username=user3@domain.com password=password So far this works fine. Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Sendemail... is there a receivemail?

Hello, I installed the sendemail program for commandline/script outgoing mail. It works great. I was wondering if there is some simple program to receive mail. Something like the sendemail program... Grtz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail and Variable

Hi everyone, I try to send an email with "sendemail", I created four variables for do cleaner but it doesn't work :( below : #!/bin/bash sender=$(X@x.com) recipient=$(x@x.com) subject=$(Files Copy) server=$(x.x.x.x) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m blablabla... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
2VCARD(1)						   Addressbook conversion tools 						 2VCARD(1)

NAME
2vcard - convert addressbooks to VCARD format SYNOPSIS
2vcard [ -F | -f | -h | -v ] [ -i FILE ] [ -o FILE ] DESCRIPTION
2vcard is a little perl script to convert an addressbook to the popular VCARD file format. Currently, 2vcard can convert addressbooks and alias files from the following formats: abook, eudora, juno, ldif, mutt, mh and pine. The VCARD format is used by gnomecard, for example, which, in turn is used by the balsa email client. USAGE
Per default, 2vcard reads from stdin and writes to stdout. Alternatively, the input- and output-files can be specified as command-line options. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by 2vcard is included below. -F print a list of the currently supported formats -f format convert from format [ default: mutt ] -h Show summary of options and exit. -i FILE Read input from FILE. -o FILE Write output to FILE. -v Show version information and exit. EXAMPLES
In a pipe: tr '^M' ' ' < EudoraNicknames | 2vcard -f eudora > out Alone: 2vcard -i ~/.aliases -o ~/.addbook.grcd VERSION
0.5 BUGS
Please report all bugs to the author. SEE ALSO
mutt(1), pine(1), gnomecard(1), balsa(1), nmh(1), exmh(1), abook(1) The 2vcard Handbook (Link to http://www.netmeister.org/apps/2vcard/) AUTHOR
Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> 2vcard March 08th, 2003 2VCARD(1)