Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Scripting awk Problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting awk Problem Post 302780453 by DisabledVet on Thursday 14th of March 2013 01:57:56 PM
Old 03-14-2013
Thanks

Thanks a bunch, Corona688. I also found one other problem (which you wouldn't have known about because I didn't think to tell you). I created that script on a Windows box using Notepad and the ftp'ed it onto the Linux box. I didn't know that Windows inserts an M (its carriage return character) at the end of each line and the shell can't interpret that M. I had to run the dos2unix utility against the file. Then it ran properly. Thanks again.
This User Gave Thanks to DisabledVet For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk scripting problem

I'm creating an oracle insert statement using awk but need to be able to escape the ' (forward single quote) as the oralce insert syntax requires these quotes. I've tried \ in and out of quotes etc. It's these single quotes values (' .....') cat $1 | awk -F"|" '{print "insert into table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinky
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting problem

her i am trying to edit a database file which is actually a small file holding my friend's name and birthdays My Database DEEPAK 27/08 DEEPIKA 18/02 DHYAN 23/03 DIPANKAR 24/10 SNIGDHO 19/05 AYANNAR 17/12 BHAI 22/09 DEBAN 16/08 JAGADISH 02/06 SUBHOJIT 23/02 TOJO 17/09 SUDHIR 12/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting and ls -1 problem

Hey, I'm running knoppix and I'm trying to run a shell script to change multiple lines of text in multiple files #!/bin/sh for i in 'ls-1 test' do sed 's/bob/manny/'g $i > $i.0 mv $i.0 $i done Obviously this isn't the original file, but it's on another non-networked machine. What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroCluster
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting problem

Hi guys, I am a newbie to shell scripting.Please help me to accomplish this task. Its very urgent,I should create a script which will do the following: i) "cd ~joseph/ ; mkdir -p Bing/Bong ;mkdir -p Bing/Bang" and then create 15 ".txt" files with content "Bing Bang Bong" in "Bong"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh_raghu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in loops in shell scripting

Hi, #!/bin/ksh $v="" for ((i = 1 ; i <= 5 ; i++ )) do v="THerrFile_$i.err"; grep -i "$i:Error" $v >>oraerror_output.txt done My requirement is to dynamically create variable like THerrFile_1.err,THerrFile_2.err etc. where my grep needs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_83k
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Scripting Problem...

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Hello all,,, I am trying to finish my assignment for my CNET class. I am running into 2 problems... First the "Delete a file" (Option 1) When I run this option everything... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozman911
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting newbie problem

I am trying to create a shell script similar to ls, but which only lists directories. I have the first half working (no argument version), but trying to make it accept an argument, I am failing. My logic is sound I think, but I'm missing something on the syntax, I'm guessing in the bolded line? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tibor63
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with awk: facing problem

Hi, I wants to print the 9th column information with its path name in some txt file. Here is one line which works fine for me: rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > dataFilenames.list rfdir=="ls -ltr" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need support for a shell scripting problem

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting problem

Hello. I hava homework for university but i cant do it and i need a little help if someone can help me :) I have to do a linux shell script. Write a script that does the following: 1. Check if there is a directory in / home with myDir name. If not, it creates it. 2. In the directory it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex4o0o
1 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)