Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Whitelist, goodware, database of hashes Post 302780183 by orange47 on Thursday 14th of March 2013 04:14:03 AM
Old 03-14-2013
Whitelist, goodware, database of hashes

I have found this excellent site: NSRL Downloads
(sorry if it was already mentioned)

there are Solaris and Linux files there too.
its all in a text file, over 11Gb large.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Sort Array of Hashes ??

Some one plz help me how to sort an array of hashes ..... for e.g i have an array as @AoH = ( { ques => 10, marks => 32, }, { ques => 32, marks => 22, }, { ques => 2, marks => 41, }, ); now i want to sort this array with increasing value of "ques" ..... plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regular Expression - Whitelist

I am creating a whitelist for User Input Validation. Here is a code snippet that allows alphanumeric and forward slash (/). if ( $variable =~ /^*$/ ) #allow alphanumeric and fwd slash { $returnValue = 'good data'; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name in hashes(####)???

Hey frens someone pls temme what i need to do so that after I logged into my unix terminal i should get my name written in hashes(i.e ###) Hope someone ll help me out.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hashes help in Perl

Hi, I am stuck at this problem where part of my code would store all the websites that has been accessed by a user. I pull these values from a log file. I want to create a HASH of HASHES ? (Please correct me if this is not the right approach) where I would store all the hits to website with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash of hashes from database

hi there, I have some database output that looks like this SELECT nic_name,nic_duplex,nic_speed,nic_ip FROM network_table WHERE hostname = "server1" result is this (ive delimited with a pipe for ease of reading) bge0|full|1000|10.32.100.1 bge1|full|1000|11.12.101.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

list of hashes

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me with this problem: @LoHashes = ({"a"=>1,"b"=>2,"c"=>3,"d"=>4}, {"a"=>5,"b"=>6,"c"=>7}); @LoHashes = create_list(\&LoHashes); sub create_list { foreach $hash(@LoHashes) { foreach (sort keys... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Hashes of Hashes of Array

Hi folks, I have a structure as mentioned below in a configuration file. <Component> Comp1: { item1:data,someUniqueAttribute; item2:data,someUniqueAttribute, } Comp2: { item3:data,someUniqueAttribute; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckv84
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : array of hashes help

Hi, I have array of hashes and each key has array like below. @array1 = ( { 'url' => , 'bill' => }, { 'url' => , 'bill' => }, { 'url' => , ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "whitelist" from a file to remove entries

Dear all, what I need to do is extract an entries list from a file and remove some entries based on a white list present on other file, then output into result.txt file. Example: source.txt: 12345 text1 text2 text3 text4 123 text1 text2 text3 text4 678 text1 text2 text3 text4 987 text1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

10. Hardware

HP notebook PC wifi card whitelist problem

I have hp dv6 and dv7 notebook pcs on which I want to upgrade the wifi cards but when I install the new cards and boot them, the they won't even boot to the bios and they both give me the same error: "104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart." When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies
userdb(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 userdb(4)

NAME
userdb - user database for per-user information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The user database is used for storing per-user information. It consists of the directory and the files within it. Each file name is a two-digit hexadecimal number from to The directory and files are created either at installation time or by the command. The per-user information resides in user entries in the database, and consists of any number of pairs, which are used to define the behav- ior of configurable features. A per-user value in overrides any corresponding system-wide default configured in the file, as described in security(4). The file indicates which attributes can be configured with a per-user value in This list includes the following attributes which are described in security(4): Allow or do not allow null passwords. Audit or do not audit users. Maximum number of authentication failures allowed. Display or do not display last login information. Restrict login time periods. Minimum password length. Number of simultaneous logins allowed per user. Password history depth. Minimum number of lower case characters allowed in a password. Minimum number of upper case characters allowed in a password. Minimum number of digit characters allowed in a password. Minimum number of special characters allowed in a password. Define umask for file creation. Notes When defining attributes, first configure default values in as described in security(4), and then configure per-user exceptions in the user database, In addition to the configurable attributes, there are internal attributes that are not user configurable and are normally modified only by programs that enforce system security. The file indicates which attributes are configurable and which are internal. Use the command to verify or fix information in the user database, To disable the user database, create a file called This causes all database reads and writes to return an error code indicating that the database is disabled and should be ignored. Note that, if the user database is disabled for a long period and then re-enabled, it will contain stale data. This can cause unwanted side effects. WARNINGS
Use the command to modify information in Do not use a text editor, because the database contains checksums and other binary data, and edi- tors do not follow the file locking conventions that are used to control access to the database. NFS mounting this database is not supported. FILES
user database security defaults configuration file security attributes description file SEE ALSO
userdbck(1M), userdbget(1M), userdbset(1M), userdb_read(3), security(4). userdb(4)