Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script? Post 302779553 by Mugivz on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 03:35:28 AM
Old 03-13-2013
Linux How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script?

I am using aqua studio DB. I need to retrive the data from my database using uxin script in .csv format. i am using select query along with the joins. my o/p in the DB is of the below format.

Cycle IDCycle StatusRecord 98N-0000ACV23-3636FCliet Level (Af)Success1689393HF-J7879-09090RCliet Level (Af)Success2356765KD-7HWE747-9I9KPst Leve (Bf)failure45

This is about 120 rows. i need the o/p in .csv format using shell script. I am using bash shell. Couls some one help me on this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to retrive data from log file

hi i have following file. where i m trying to retrive data on latest date. let us say we are extracting data from this file for Jun 30 where date is highest date in log file. here i want to take output in other file from first line of Jun 30 to the end of file in short i want retrive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrive data that appear only once in a file.

hi, I need to get the list of functions that are used more than once in a file list. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anibu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to format data specifically

Hi all, I need a script specially using loops to print below output... variables x, a and b will be read from user... x a b x+1 a b+1 x+2 a b+2 x+3 a+1 b x+4 a+1 b+1 x+5 a+1 b+2 for example.... 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapniltathe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Programming

updating data in cvs file using c programming

hi every one i want to read and write data from cvs file using c program. but my problem is that at run time my data is increasing in both row wise and column wise. that means it is continuously updating in both direction. is there any way through which i can find the next colum or row for eg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajidtariq
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl -- Script to re-format data

Hi, I have a file with data in the following format BOX -1.000000 -1.000000 0.000000 30.00000 14.00000 0.1000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 CYLINDER 3.595000 2.995000 0.000000 0.5100000 2.000000 Z 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 I want to convert these files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)