Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script? Post 302779553 by Mugivz on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 03:35:28 AM
Old 03-13-2013
Linux How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script?

I am using aqua studio DB. I need to retrive the data from my database using uxin script in .csv format. i am using select query along with the joins. my o/p in the DB is of the below format.

Cycle IDCycle StatusRecord 98N-0000ACV23-3636FCliet Level (Af)Success1689393HF-J7879-09090RCliet Level (Af)Success2356765KD-7HWE747-9I9KPst Leve (Bf)failure45

This is about 120 rows. i need the o/p in .csv format using shell script. I am using bash shell. Couls some one help me on this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to retrive data from log file

hi i have following file. where i m trying to retrive data on latest date. let us say we are extracting data from this file for Jun 30 where date is highest date in log file. here i want to take output in other file from first line of Jun 30 to the end of file in short i want retrive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrive data that appear only once in a file.

hi, I need to get the list of functions that are used more than once in a file list. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anibu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to format data specifically

Hi all, I need a script specially using loops to print below output... variables x, a and b will be read from user... x a b x+1 a b+1 x+2 a b+2 x+3 a+1 b x+4 a+1 b+1 x+5 a+1 b+2 for example.... 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapniltathe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Programming

updating data in cvs file using c programming

hi every one i want to read and write data from cvs file using c program. but my problem is that at run time my data is increasing in both row wise and column wise. that means it is continuously updating in both direction. is there any way through which i can find the next colum or row for eg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajidtariq
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl -- Script to re-format data

Hi, I have a file with data in the following format BOX -1.000000 -1.000000 0.000000 30.00000 14.00000 0.1000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 CYLINDER 3.595000 2.995000 0.000000 0.5100000 2.000000 Z 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 I want to convert these files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)